FNRttC to Newhaven, Paris and Dieppe July 18, 19, 20 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

Pics of the jaunt from HPC to Newhaven are here. I haven't got the Picasa client on this machine, so they're in full megapixelly goodness I'm afraid.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Sounds a good trip. Perhaps the removal of Paris and Rouen from the itinerary would improve it? Someone living near Newhaven could do worse than take part in The Dieppe Raid with the Eastbourne Rovers. I did this year, and was the youngest by far......

StuartG

slower but further
The train from Newhaven wasn't crammed full of bikes as we'd feared, and I fell into my bed at 10.30 pm.
Yes TMN not quitting at Lewes station meant you missed the highlight of the tour. @User will be along shortly to explain ...

Meanwhile thanks for being great company despite my mileage malfunction.

StuartG

slower but further
I merely moved to the next carriage so we could keep an eye on the bikes through the connecting doors. A not quite so batty lady was earnestly seeking to involve us in conversation and a parade of kids appeared to be playing musical lavatories. A really bonkers train ride up to East Croydon. It must be the sun.

LBS fixed my spoke this morning so Friday night is set fair ...

BTW for those that changed trains at Rouen and didn't leave the platforms missed an architectural experience. Opened on July 4th 1928 the main concourse has its own piano player ... and Boris Bikes are also available ...

paris_2013_01.jpg

paris_2013_02.jpg

martint235

Dog on a bike
2563617 said:
Sorry, it completely slipped our collective mind.

:sad: But before I ran away, I probably promised them someone would be back!

martint235

Dog on a bike
2563664 said:
We need a poll, "Should Long Martin put this episode behind him?"
"Yes; It is now a year later and it needs to be put to rest."
"No; I love watching people picking at scabs because I am a bit odd like that."
But it can't be put to rest until I know the full details of what actually happened! I may have to go to Dieppe and put up posters "Do you know what happened to this man last July?" kind of thing?

It'd make a great plot for a Scandinavian detective series.

martint235

Dog on a bike
2563732 said:
Tell you what, you promise to try to contemplate the notion of considering phasing in a strategy of reducing the amount of going on about it, and I will get you a jumper. Now quite how long will the sleeves need to be?
Ah and some people say you're not nice!!! Just accept that they need to be long, as does the body of the jumper.

Top Bottom