FNRttC FNRttC to Southwold 7th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
I've just booked a return tickets for the 5.48pm train to Ipswich as well as the 7.48 one. This should give room for a couple of beers. Really looking forward to this (not just the beers).
Cheers
Olaf

hatler

Guru
Any spaces left ? Just asking like.

A whole screw up at work means I'm not heading off that weekend, so with a bit of family scheduling, this might (10%) be a runner.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Any spaces left ? Just asking like.

A whole screw up at work means I'm not heading off that weekend, so with a bit of family scheduling, this might (10%) be a runner.
For you, yes. The rest of you can take a hike..............

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I sent Simon an email to cancel my participation last night. Obviously not my first choice, but a fifteen-hour ride after work, and then having to jump straight on a train (assuming I could get to Darsham in time for the next one) for a four and a half hour journey back home seemed stupid and quite possibly dangerous. The thought has occurred that I could get the train up to Waterloo in the morning, go for a more direct DD-type route, and still make it about the same time as everyone else...hmmm....

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I might see if I can form an Ipswich contingent to meet you at Felixstowe and join you to Southwold and back if that's okay with you guys?

Re-reading it I guess I would be better for us locals to meet you somewhere near Woodbridge so we don't interfere with the ferry crossings. Will you be passing through Woodbridge or going the Rendlesham way (past the old USAF bases)?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
we'll be going through Butley and Snape. Be warned, though that I'll be keeping the ride moving at a comfortable pace and probably stopping only once between Bawdsey Manor and Walberswick. You'll have to meet us rather than the other way around.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
we'll be going through Butley and Snape. Be warned, though that I'll be keeping the ride moving at a comfortable pace and probably stopping only once between Bawdsey Manor and Walberswick. You'll have to meet us rather than the other way around.

Oh certainly, I wouldn't dream of you changing your plans! Any rough idea of what time you might pass through Butley?

martint235

Dog on a bike
Common sense has prevailed and I've booked a train back from Ipswich. £12 First class can't be bad. Reservation made for bike too.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Common sense has prevailed and I've booked a train back from Ipswich. £12 First class can't be bad. Reservation made for bike too.

How do you call cycling half-way home, then giving up, bunking-off and getting the train for the other half common sense? Sun get to your head yesterday? Call yourself a man from up north? Shocking... :whistle:

martint235

Dog on a bike
How do you call cycling half-way home, then giving up, bunking-off and getting the train for the other half common sense? Sun get to your head yesterday? Call yourself a man from up north? Shocking... :whistle:
Ipswich isn't half way home, it's 35 miles from Southwold. Other than that, the ticket was £12 to relax in first class comfort knowing that Lelly is safely stowed in the guards van. Should I decide to cycle home, I can without wasting too much money. However, given an ETA in Southwold of 3pm, that would make it 10pm at the earliest to get home having been awake for 36 hours.

I trust you are cycling the whole way home then??? :whistle:

Top Bottom