FNRttC FNRttC: Whitstable - 17 August 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
they weren't going all the way to Victoria. Needless to say at Vic no one checks/checked tickets if/when you go through the luggage gate.
Or even getting on in Brighton then off at Croydon and changing to go to London Bridge. Or even getting off at Redhill and going to Tonbridge.
Advancing in years as I seem to be, a Senior Railcard is an awfully useful piece of cycling kit.
Note that for Whitstable there is a "cycle path"* from the station to Canterbury from where trains go to Tonbridge etc.

*as in old footpath with gravel and nothing like the sort of thing you see in other EU countries.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Or even getting on in Brighton then off at Croydon and changing to go to London Bridge. Or even getting off at Redhill and going to Tonbridge.
Advancing in years as I seem to be, a Senior Railcard is an awfully useful piece of cycling kit.
Note that for Whitstable there is a "cycle path"* from the station to Canterbury from where trains go to Tonbridge etc.

*as in old footpath with gravel and nothing like the sort of thing you see in other EU countries.

Ah the crab and winkle way a very early railway line between the towns. Done it many times, best done on wide tyres /mtb.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Ah the crab and winkle way a very early railway line between the towns. Done it many times, best done on wide tyres /mtb.
The Lovely Helen aka Mrs Gregry is a big fan of the Crab and Winkle. Her kind of cycling. I remarked it was nice of them to have lifted the sleepers first. She didn't get it.

kaj

Regular
This will be my 4th ride with you lot since I joined last October. Feel I am getting addicted to overnight cycling. Is there a cure?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Having visited the marvellous Waterfront today on a ride. I can report that a super duper new hand drier has been installed in the gents. Replacing the old one that emitted the amount of air akin to a dying mans last breath.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Will have to keep an eye on the trains.....SWR strike on the 18th. Might have to go on the Southern cattle truck to get home.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I must get her something with fat and squishy tyres and take her along the Downs Link which broadly, links nowhere with nowhere you'd want to go.
Also not fair on Guildford, which is quite a pleasant little town if you're not forced there for work.

Top Bottom