FNRttC FNRttC York-Hull 27 July 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My train out of KX is cancelled. May have to abort the weekend.... ****!! Will go to KX first though, there might be a way....
If they can get you and the bike on another service you will likely find that your ticket will be accepted on any appropriate train. If that ends up arriving after your scheduled/booked arrival time, don't forget to delay repay!

And if anyone has to cancel - for whatever reason, actually, but was planning to travel on a line affected by the disruptions - please remember:
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/72098.aspx
1. I bought a train ticket and my train has been cancelled or delayed and I can’t make my journey anymore – can I get my money back?

Under the National Rail Conditions of Travel, if you have purchased a ticket and your train is cancelled or delayed, and you choose not to travel, you may return the unused ticket to the original retailer which the ticket was purchased from and you will be given a full refund with no administration fee being charged. This applies to all tickets including those which are usually non-refundable.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
King's X services currently terminating at Doncaster until further notice. There may be rail replacement arrangements north wards. It may get sorted later it may not. Nice LNER man in 1st Class lounge saying don't travel if you don't have to.

It looks like most stuff on the ECML or the TP routes is either v delayed or cancelled to/from/through York until around 2pm. Glimmers of hope after that. If people end up in York at funny times with time to kill before the meet up I have evidence from last year's ride that we can fit a dozen or more cyclists and their bikes (securely) in/around the Den. So long as they're quite friendly - it's somewhat compact and bijou. Oh, and if you nip round pls remember that the sign on the bathroom radiator about DON'T TOUCH OR BUMP OR WOBBLE ME ain't joking... the plumber's been on holiday and I really could do without getting flooded by that dodgy-connection-in-the-pipework's extremely tenuous grip (on reality?) giving way!

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Forecast for York looks better than it did 24 hours ago. Good chance we'll
@Gordon P , @wanda2010 I'll keep watching the National Rail website. If the delays & cancellation continue, I'm tempted to get to KGX in time for the 20.00 in the hope they'll let us on whatever first train turns up.
@Moodyman , it seems there are also problems on your route

Thanks for the heads up Mr S. My train is a local one and not due until 9pm. Hopefully, things will have sorted themselves out by then - fingers crossed.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'm on the 1127 KX to Sunderland service, which left 1hr 40 late. So is the bike, I hasten to add... York first scheduled stop.

fuboab

Fat bird
We're coming from North of York (yes, Southerners, there is such a thing) and have already had our Thunder and rain, thankyouverymuch. A whole night of drizzle doesn't sound like fun to me, but I may bring Disco Tunes and a headphone to make up for it.

We're coming from North of York (yes, Southerners, there is such a thing) and have already had our Thunder and rain, thankyouverymuch. A whole night of drizzle doesn't sound like fun to me, but I may bring Disco Tunes and a headphone to make up for it.
I have cheese and ham, btw :smile:

Oh - and I'll be out doing cub-stuff for a couple of hours at some point, and haven't quite got started on the baking yet. But will doubtless have a chance to make a batch of something at some point before midnight.

kimble

Veteran
A night of drizzle sounds pretty damn appealling right now in Middle Earth. Watching the state of the trains with interest. Currently everything seems to be falling into a black hole somewhere in the vicinity of Doncaster, which leaves the interesting question of whether it's wise to risk getting on a train in the first place, at risk of ending up in Sheffield, like Mike from Spaced.

Still, my train's not till 8pm, so hopefully the situation will become clearer nearer the time...

(Sleep status: Still not enough.)

Top Bottom