FNRttC FNRttC York-Hull 27 July 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kimble

Veteran
I'll dust off the magic rainlegs...

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Howden is another bail out possibility, and it's on the Hull-York line.

About 25 miles in, so there could be a long wait for a train assuming you'd get there before 3am.

Reckon the first train at Howden will be approx 6am, so it'll be a long wait, but there is a shelter on the platform :okay: A word of warning though, a passenger on the train a few weeks ago was telling the gusrd that she had been robbed at knifepoint late one evening at Howden station :sad:
Hopefully we won't get too much rain, but it will be warm & the wind will be in our favour, so not all bad :laugh:

kimble

Veteran
Seriously hoping I manage to get some sleep before then. Between the heat and an achey shoulder, I feel like I've already done an overnight ride.

I also note that I've fallen asleep while cycling twice. Once was after a FNRttC to Hull, and the other was on the Dunwich Dynamo. Obviously a FNRttC to Hull on Dun Run weekend bodes well in that regard...

Will the Den open for business?
I'm around and just had a nice man in a van drop off a load of foodstuffs....

Kids also at home, so I probably won't get to the Minster to wave you off unless the 11yo is so inspired by his new rock'n'roll credentials that he is up for stoking a tandem over at midnight, and be warned that the Den is even more chaotic than usual - I will make the teen shift his guitars off the sofa and see if the monster amp can get shifted to somewhere less in the way...

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I can't decide if this afternoon's treat will be a wander around the railway museum or climbing the tower of the Minster.

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
I am on the 2100 out of Kings X, due York 2308. Anyone else?
If it is raining then, is there shelter (sanctuary?) at the Minster or best options?
And I will leave on the 1033 from Hull tomorrow, so a brief trip up north this time.

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
@Gordon P , I'm on the same trains both ways. Going for warm & wet rather than overheated and sweaty, no full raingear, so will also seek shelter before the off. Still undecided on superlight fixed (no 'guards) or not-at-all-light fixed (full 'guards).
Maybe the Minster does wimple rental.

Worth keeping an eye on the travel disruptions info online - a signal box in york got hit by lightning (when CrinklyAuntie and @CrinklyUncle were waiting for their train darn sarf to catch a train to Continental Europe for CU to go and set off on an Extremely Silly Bike Adventure) and it looks like there's a degree of chaos going on on the ECML.

For those heading to the Den, be aware that there's a mahoosive hole in the road on one of the streets near us, conveniently marked by a large digger and loads of fencing and a road closure, with a (2 minute) diversion in place.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
My train out of KX is cancelled. May have to abort the weekend.... ****!! Will go to KX first though, there might be a way....

Top Bottom