FNRttC FNRttC York-Hull 27 July 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Bump. Some of you will remember the delightfully bonkers Inner Space petrol station we passed on the old route out of York....they had a new addition to the attractions. The least dull ATM you've ever seen....
CLmkT2OWIAEy2vE.jpg

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
those who have specifically asked for the emails, r
I've just re-signed one email address (it had fallen off the list) but the other seems to be having trouble. Can a web guru take a look please?

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Your gmail account with some numbers in it has signed up to the main list for email updates, but that's the only one in the past two days.

(And @srw is not signed up for York to Hull either, but I think that's not what you are asking about.)

kimble

Veteran
Bump. Some of you will remember the delightfully bonkers Inner Space petrol station we passed on the old route out of York....they had a new addition to the attractions. The least dull ATM you've ever seen....
View attachment 418489

That's one of the few places I've actually bought petrol from in the last n years, and it's a delight.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
As spmsome who climbs like a sprinter and sprints like a climber, I managed happily last year on fixed. There is one ok hill, followed by one not ok hill, requiring 24" gear.
Oh I know the hills. South Ferriby is the awkward one. Also I might be riding back which takes in the long hill out of Hull up to the Weedley transmitters.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I will be bringing 29 more gears than last time.

sagefly

Veteran
Martin room for a small one on this ride still? assumimng I can get trains tickets I'd like to have a pedal?

Last edited:
OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Yes no probs.
(Am in Normandy on the annual Fridays Tour.
It's a blast.
My mind is on other things though right now.
Did I say how much fun this Tour is?)

sagefly

Veteran
Alas, work has got in the way and I wont be joining the York ride.

I hear the Tour is quite fun................

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Tour is indeed great fun. Worked out really well. Having a base means folk can have a day off from the hills if they want.
Weather has been FAB, BTW

my work has also got in the way, not to mention we've got our first babysitter in months on the saturday night so I can take mrs ceepeebee out for a birthday tea - can't be falling asleep at the table for that.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Boo! @sagefly and Hiss! @ceepeebee Sorry you two can't make it.
Tour reporting has been a bit slack, but we've been a bit busy with eating, drinking, nattering and occassionally even cycling to write anything. Soz. I came back tonight, as I'm going to see Ministry in the smoke tomorrow night. Final ride was a 22 mile time trial. At the halfway stop for today's ride- which was on my way anyway- I realized I had two hours to get to Ouistreham in time for check-in. Made it with 20 minutes to spare...

Last edited:
Top Bottom