FNRttC FNRttC York-Hull 27 July 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Attention now moves to this ride after the triumph of the Brighton event. If you're thinking of coming on the flattest ride you've ever done, you can sign up on the website. Halfway catering, as before, by Jiggy and the Garthorpe WI.

Humber Bridge crossing included. :bicycle:

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
It's a cracker: we're out of the city of York within ten minutes and into the countryside. Then the atmosphere is really rural. Goole at 2am is like a ghost town apart from the bit that is really rocking.
The Humber Bridge is - and I'm not often drawn to this word but in this occasion it is apposite - awesome.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Tickets bought, bike spaces reserved, day off work demanded and booked. Chronically undergeared (for this) single-speed dismantled. Frame sold.

Toss up between Rhubarb the B* or The Tank for this one. Just can't get comfortable with the idea of travelling with the best bike.

*Kilts will not be worn.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Serious money then.
My wiggle one is fine. Cheap innit.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Serious money then.
My wiggle one is fine. Cheap innit.
Only ever buy from the "Super Sale!" but what's the point of being a self-employed, so-called tax avoiding* scum, contractor, if one doesn't occasionally indulge oneself?

*I paid more tax to HMRC (exc. VAT) last tax year than I have ever done under PAYE (inc NI). I must be doing something wrong. Or maybe my accountant is a bit rubbish.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
I've only been to Ouagadougou :sad:
We must talk on this ride:blush: managed to get out on a pick up truck the night of the army coup. Arrived in a Mercedes with a German who sold it illegally and immediately flew out. I was young, at that age you think you're going to live forever.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
We must talk on this ride:blush: managed to get out on a pick up truck the night of the army coup. Arrived in a Mercedes with a German who sold it illegally and immediately flew out. I was young, at that age you think you're going to live forever.
I shall regale you with gems like....

"Mr Greg you are a very lucky man, another inch and that bullet would have had your ear off" said Joseph the driver as the Toyota Land Cruiser reversed at speed out of the crossfire of a police vs gangsters gun fight on the outskirts of Nairobi "I am thinking we will perhaps return to the compound, with your permission, Mr Greg?"

"Is that thing loaded?" asked Mr Greg nervously as the barrel of the AK47 prodded his genitals, "if it is would you mind awfully taking your finger off the trigger?" The 12-year-old, off his face on khat and speed, smiled broadly, and said "I said take your clothes off, stupid English"

Top Bottom