FNRttC York to Hull 27th April 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I missed this - what happened?

From the thread for last year's ride:-

That reminds me; when were riding through the docks, a local (presumably on his way home from the club) called out "Am I tripping or what ?" as the cavalcade, lights a-flashing swept past. I yelled back "No, it's real but you'll wonder if it was a dream in the morning."

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I decided on an open ticket back from Hull so not committed to any particular train, but having to travel on south from London means I wouldn't want to leave it too late.

Just a bit of a warning for those travelling back to London on the train. Hull city are playing away at West Ham on that Saturday, so there may be more than normal travelling Hull to London that Saturday morning :thumbsup:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Just a bit of a warning for those travelling back to London on the train. Hull city are playing away at West Ham on that Saturday, so there may be more than normal travelling Hull to London that Saturday morning :thumbsup:
happily not many of them will be taking their bikes!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
happily not many of them will be taking their bikes!

BSOs maybe :thumbsup: Probably advisable to book a seat tho, riding through the night then not getting a seat on the train back to London wouldn't be too pleasant.
What's the cut off for registering on this ride? I need to sort out CTC membership/insurance first.

Yay! The plot thickens! We can sort out the details closer to the time :smile:. I decided on an open ticket back from Hull so not committed to any particular train, but having to travel on south from London means I wouldn't want to leave it too late.

Double Yay! And then there were four! I am now booked on the 8pm train so will happily join up for a pre-FNRttC-jolly!

M

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Are there any plans for a pre-ride get together in York ?
My train arrives is scheduled to arrive at 22.06 so I'll be up for a refreshing beverage and, maybe, some sort of wholesome, toothy comestibles.

Shaun

Founder
I'm a maybe at the mo. so might have to be a last minute entry if I can swing it. :thumbsup:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm a maybe at the mo. so might have to be a last minute entry if I can swing it. :thumbsup:
I've had the ok to go, but I have a meeting to go to near home at 7pm. I'm hoping to get the 21.33 train from Hull to Selby, arriving there just after 10pm, then cycling upto York if you fancy that?

Shaun

Founder
I've had the ok to go, but I have a meeting to go to near home at 7pm. I'm hoping to get the 21.33 train from Hull to Selby, arriving there just after 10pm, then cycling upto York if you fancy that?

I'll bear it in mind, thanks. I won't know until much nearer the time.

Top Bottom