Folding Camping Chairs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Touring Bug

Hi,

We're going touring in France this summer and for the first time have decided to take a chair. We really want to get 2x Sunncamp Collapsible Low Chairs as they look to be the best weight/packing solution. Problem is can't find any for love nor money.
Anyone out there got 2 to sell? or know where we can try?

numbnuts

Legendary Member
here you go I have one like this and it all comes apart, weight 2.5lb
http://www.camperlands.co.uk/store/sunncamp-collapsible-low-chair-68754-0.html

oops
Not currently available from stock. Please call on 0161 998 3467 to enquire about future availability.

Jugular

I've just been camping with my Exped Downmat + ChairKit. It's the most comfortable chair I've used while camping, in fact I brought it home to demo it for my fiance, she spent the rest of the evening sitting on it in preference to our couch as she said it was so comfortable. Hence I'm off to order another one for her.

If you don't fancy the expense of a Downmat (@£120) you could get a Synmat (I think ~£70) or even another inflatable mat and still buy the ChairKit from Exped, they're hardly complex in the way they fit together. I found them for £31 at Rock & Rescue.

OP
OP
T

Touring Bug

Thanks Numbnuts & Jugular. We've discounted the folding mat option and want to go for a proper chair albeit one that dismantles so our only hope is if we can find a seller!

Jugular

I can certainly see an argument for 3 legged stools, slightly heavier, no back rest and only single purpose, but gets you nice and high and is quick to deploy.

The sunncamps put you much closer to the ground than my folding mat does and they look rather uncomfortable and heavier. They still retain a quick deployment I suppose. Horses for courses xx(

Beardie

What else are you carrying? I take it this isn't a full-on camping trip and that you'll be cutting down on other stuff to make way for the seating.

Having said that, I once saw a folding chair in the Scotts of Stow catalogue which was carried as a small backpack. And one design for a recumbent featured a seat which demounted for rest breaks.

OP
OP
T

Touring Bug

I've established from Sunncamp that they no longer make the version I'm after (the one that dismantles as opposed to folds up).
Currently awaiting delivery of Lafuma CBCX to see if they can be adapted by inserting removeable joining bits (there's probably a correct term for that!).
And yes it is a full on-trip with a compact 2-man tent + stove! The problem with touring is that you're either in the saddle, standing up, lying down or looking for a chair to take the weight off of an evening.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Touring Bug said:
I've established from Sunncamp that they no longer make the version I'm after (the one that dismantles as opposed to folds up).
Currently awaiting delivery of Lafuma CBCX to see if they can be adapted by inserting removeable joining bits (there's probably a correct term for that!).
And yes it is a full on-trip with a compact 2-man tent + stove! The problem with touring is that you're either in the saddle, standing up, lying down or looking for a chair to take the weight off of an evening.

Any idea of the weight of the Lafuma?

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Touring Bug said:

Fussy or what?;)

Top Bottom