Folding Camping Chairs

Discussion in 'Touring and Adventure Cycling' started by Touring Bug, 17 May 2010.

1. bikepacker

bikepacker Veteran

Looking for a good seating arrangement when camping I have tried out many stools. Here is my camping stools review I wrote for the Fell Club mag. Maybe it could be of help.

http://www.bikepacker.co.uk/stool review.htm

2. Dave Davenport

Dave Davenport Legendary Member

We used to carry folding stools but they weren't very comfy and I had a tendancy to fall off them. Now we just scavange about for something to use, you can usually nick a chair from somewhere on a european site or find a couple of pallets or similar.

3. willem

willem Über Member

Hagloffs do or did a 280 gram folding stool. It was not eminently comfortable, but it was light. Anything else woud be too heavy for my taste.
    Willem

4. sheddy

sheddy Guru

5. andrew_s

andrew_s Guru

The commonest is the Thermarest chair kit, or the similar Exped offering for their (fatter) downmats.
    They are fabric, apart from the bracking webbing and a pairs of rigid struts at each side. I usually carry mine rolled around the tent poles.

Thread necromancy alert!
    Posts 1 to 18 are a year and a half old

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice