Foot felling numb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trigger369

Über Member
Hi all . Last two rides on my bike I've had a bit of numbness in my left foot . Was using normal trainers previous . And have recently changed to road shoes and clipless pedals . First 3 rides with new shoes and pedals was fine and numbness has just started . Only adjustment I made was seat height enough to a comfortable position a few mm higher . Would like to hear your thoughts please .

vickster

Legendary Member
Cleat position and angle correct?
Which foot do you clip out? If the other one, keep clipping out the left from time to time and wiggling your toes!

screenman

Legendary Member
On reading the title my first though was, timber!!!!. shoes too tight, possible pont tes down to much, to be honest there are so many reasons it is seldom easy to pin down foot problems on the bike, often it is trial and error. Even having a wife who is a podiatrist does not help and I should know.

vickster

Legendary Member
So u haven't found a cure for it then vickster
Afraid not, but I stop regularly anyhow. I have odd shaped feet anyhow, so even finding shoes that are halfway comfortable is a battle
I've had a proper bike fit with cleat adjustment which helped

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Hi all . Last two rides on my bike I've had a bit of numbness in my left foot . Was using normal trainers previous . And have recently changed to road shoes and clipless pedals . First 3 rides with new shoes and pedals was fine and numbness has just started . Only adjustment I made was seat height enough to a comfortable position a few mm higher . Would like to hear your thoughts please .
Do you use SPD shoes or SPD-SL shoes? I have heard of people getting numb feet with SPDs but nor with SPD-SLs as they tend to have stiffer soles.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
First 3 rides with new shoes and pedals was fine and numbness has just started . Only adjustment I made was seat height enough to a comfortable position a few mm higher . Would like to hear your thoughts please .
Two lines of thoughts:

1. Don't cycling shoes usually have thinner soles than trainers? So that would suggest saddle should be lowered if anything.

2. If trainers worked, use them unless racing or other strong reason not to.

david k

Hi
I have got this in my left foot for years.

Few things to note

1, I buy bigger shoes and have gel inner soles, this helps

2. Worse when cold

3. Presumingly to do with lack of circulation

4. The problem is far less since I had a heart ablation to cure AF

5. Lack of circulation would be many things

vickster

Legendary Member
Try unclipping your left foot regularly during riding before springing for new shoes which may give you the same issue

Top Bottom