Football World Cup - Russia 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimidh

Veteran
I’ve got a sneaky suspicion that England will do much better than everyone thinks they will - at least quarter finals I predict.

I must be mellowing with old age as the thought of a successful England team doesn’t stress me any longer.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Isn't quarter/semi-finals about par for England?

I don't detect the same general weight of expectation this time around, which may do them a favour.

matiz

Guru
Belgium look good on paper with Lukaku ,De Bruyne .Hazard etc but rarely last to the sharp end of tournament's Ive gone for the Germans who are usually pretty reliable,

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I’ve got a sneaky suspicion that England will do much better than everyone thinks they will - at least quarter finals I predict.

I must be mellowing with old age as the thought of a successful England team doesn’t stress me any longer.
Young team with a sound manager, you could be right. They are also without the long term failures like Hart and Rooney casting a shadow over them.

U

User6179

Surely you must be a bit offended by that?

:giggle:

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Russia v Saudi, two countries run by loathsome regimes. I wish there was a way they could both lose this one.
A bit like how I feel with every Chelsea v Man Utd encounter.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Robbie Williams "singing" at the opening ceremony. Things can only improve.

I bet he will have given it full value.

Looks like a duet with a Russian soprano so it will be worth a listen.

Whatever you think of Williams' music or lifestyle, he is a brilliant stadium performer.

Few connect with a live audience as well as he does.

Top Bottom