Football World Cup - Russia 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I bought some England flag bunting from a closing down pound shop,for 25p(some might say that's all 'Engurland' are worth:laugh:). I want to hang it outside my flat. The thing is i can't get it to hang from my living room window to my bedroom window as i haven't any ladders here. I've seen these documentaries and dramas where prisoners in their cells swing things out their cell windows to pass to other prisoners through their cell windows. Have any of you been in prison? If you have could you let me know what's the best way to get my bunting string from one window to another.
Thanks in advance for any replies and tips!:thumbsup:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I bought some England flag bunting from a closing down pound shop,for 25p(some might say that's all 'Engurland' are worth:laugh:). I want to hang it outside my flat. The thing is i can't get it to hang from my living room window to my bedroom window as i haven't any ladders here. I've seen these documentaries and dramas where prisoners in their cells swing things out their cell windows to pass to other prisoners through their cell windows. Have any of you been in prison? If you have could you let me know what's the best way to get my bunting string from one window to another.
Tie a brick on it and chuck it through an open window. Just make sure you have a good aim.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I think the Rockin Robin brewery have recycled their rugby beer...
ruckin-robin-109.jpg

...with Put'in the Net, because I had a pint of it last night and it was light bronze and hoppy.

I'm now waiting for a craft brewery to bring out a Saudi Sour.

If ' low rent ' teams are a worry now what about expansion from 32 to 48 countries for USA Can Mex world cup?
Andorra must be well chuffed!

Stephenite

Membå
Fix the bunting at one of the windows and let it hang down. If it doesn't hang low enough so that you can reach it from the ground extend it by attaching rope or fishing like, etc. Hang some more fishing line/rope, etc from the other window. Bung one of the guards or someone with access to the outside. Simply, go outside and attach the two ends together. Upstairs again to pull the non-bunting end through the window. And:thumbsup:.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Fix the bunting at one of the windows and let it hang down. If it doesn't hang low enough so that you can reach it from the ground extend it by attaching rope or fishing like, etc. Hang some more fishing line/rope, etc from the other window. Bung one of the guards or someone with access to the outside. Simply, go outside and attach the two ends together. Upstairs again to pull the non-bunting end through the window. And:thumbsup:.
Excellent suggestion! I'm going to do that,thanks!:thumbsup:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
To be a meaningful event the World Cup should be elitist. Scrap the regional qualifying which allows nations like Saudi Arabia to qualify against equally mediocre sides while the likes of Italy and Holland have to sit it out and have properly seeded qualifying groups which mean you actually have to earn your place at the finals.
If it was elitist,how would England get in.:wacko:

I see Nigerian fans have been banned from taking chickens to matches.

An interesting fact: Nigerian fans started to take chickens to matches after they played Ireland in a friendly in 1973, at a time when chickens were not bred in Nigeria. The Irish players brought their own chickens with them so that they could enjoy a post-match meal, however they escaped at HT and invaded the pitch. At the time Ireland were leading 2-0. After the chickens were cleared from the pitch the Nigerians went on to win 4-2.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I see Nigerian fans have been banned from taking chickens to matches.

An interesting fact: Nigerian fans started to take chickens to matches after they played Ireland in a friendly in 1973, at a time when chickens were not bred in Nigeria. The Irish players brought their own chickens with them so that they could enjoy a post-match meal, however they escaped at HT and invaded the pitch. At the time Ireland were leading 2-0. After the chickens were cleared from the pitch the Nigerians went on to win 4-2.
Hence the expression ''The cluck of the Irish.''

MiK1138

Veteran
Tie a bobbin of thread to one end. hang it from the living room them throw the bobbin through the bedroom window(far safer than a half brick)

Top Bottom