For the ladies...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cerdic

I've just been browsing tinternet for helmets. Most are marketed as just 'helmets'. But some are described as 'ladies' helmets.

Is there any actual difference? Are womens' heads different from mens' in some way that I haven't noticed?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
They're probably pink :smile:

Drago

Legendary Member
Some women's helmets are designed to accommodate long hair in a ponytail
I have seen those.

vickster

Legendary Member
I would assume size and shape is different. Our skulls are a different shape. Women generally have smaller heads

https://www.futurelearn.com/info/courses/forensic-facial-reconstruction/0/steps/25656

Of course, however, as with men, it’s not a one size fits all so a brand/model of men’s / unisex helmet may be better fit or shape

Friend of mine bought a women’s helmet as she liked the fit, design and the colour way matched her wsd bike (not pink and not shrunk, simply the correct size for her!)

AuroraSaab

Veteran
When I bought my road bike the seller gave me a helmet that his wife no longer used. Turns out this was a women's helmet - designed at the back to accommodate a pony tail. Think it was a Specialized. It was nominally the correct size but never quite fit right.

DRM

Guru
Male or Female is irrelevant, you need to try it on to check the fit, as everyones skulls are different shapes, if the ladies need one that has been designed to avoid trapping a pony tail, then thats the starting point to try a few out for fit.

Top Bottom