For the roadies that snigger at my shimano 2200.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
I really do not get your headline. A SRAM rear deraileur has overshot the high stop clipped the spokes and then taken out the seat stay. It depends on how well your derailleur is set up. If a derailleur was set up badly, this could happen to anyone. You should have a look at how close the derailleur comes to the spokes when on the largest cog at the rear, makes you want to check the limit screws every so often.

RedBike

Of course any groupset can fail. With bike parts paying more can actually mean you get a more fragile quicker wearing part.

I think it was Mr G Fisher that said. "Strength, cost, weight. Pick any two,"

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
2200 will fail? I have an SCR4 that i used alot last year, and it didnt fail.
It was doing just under/was doing 1000miles a month, and it didnt break.
Tell anyone that says that to **** off, and that they know bugger all.

OP
OP
simongrant

simongrant

Cheers Redbike,that was kind of the point i was meaning,im always being told"you gotta get this ££££ part and that ££££ part,but im happy with what ive got,it warrants my ability/level etc.Now if i won the lottery who know what i might buy lol

Simon

OP
OP
simongrant

simongrant

gavintc said:
I really do not get your headline. A SRAM rear deraileur has overshot the high stop clipped the spokes and then taken out the seat stay. It depends on how well your derailleur is set up. If a derailleur was set up badly, this could happen to anyone. You should have a look at how close the derailleur comes to the spokes when on the largest cog at the rear, makes you want to check the limit screws every so often.

The guys was not on the largest cog on the rear.

Simon

jimboalee

Everyone sniggers at 2200/Sora.

1/ You have difficulty using the 'thumb trigger' when you're riding on the drops.

Totally useless for serious raceboys.

OP
OP
simongrant

simongrant

Like i said,it suits my ability/level.Im gonna have to start sniggering when their all singing all dancing mega money stuff breaks

Simon

Bigtwin

jimboalee said:
Everyone sniggers at 2200/Sora.

1/ You have difficulty using the 'thumb trigger' when you're riding on the drops.

I think Lance buggered that up when he fitted the down tube shifter for the mountains....

Will1985

Über Member
jimboalee said:

So you're suggesting that all the Campag equipped pros are riding with sub-standard systems?

gavintc

Guru
Will1985 said:
So you're suggesting that all the Campag equipped pros are riding with sub-standard systems?

I was without my winter bike the other week, did not want to take my nice bike, so ended up on my wife's Campag equipped bike winter bike. After the expected initial difficulty with the gears, I started to enjoy it. Well, after riding nothing but Shimano for years and years, I must admit to liking it - particularly the front derailleur. I think I am a convert. But, I have invested so heavily in Shimano - oh dear.

The Campag button and the Sora button are completely different things - one works on the drops without having a double jointed thumb.

Top Bottom