Forced off the bike by high wind!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
Weird weather yesterday. OH was working nights so we met after I'd finished work for tea. When we went inside at about 630pm weather was fine. Came out at about 730pm a gale had built up.

OH wanted me to leave bike and get the bus home, but as a modern independent woman I obviously was honour bound to do exactly the opposite of what he suggested!

Ride home was interesting. Lots of it is on shared paths that were deserted and I was getting blown about all over the place.
Got off at one section to go across a ped crossing, wind caught the side of the bike, nearly got blown over - could see the driver who'd stopped for me sniggering!
Bit further on I was riding along a fairly busy road, a sudden strong gust blew straight into me head on and I ground to a complete halt! I decided to dismount a this point, lucky I did cos then a side gust came and blew me sideways to the kerb.
A combination of walking and cycling, I got home eventually. Was good fun, but was glad to be home, just still bit perplexed by the complete change in the weather!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Done the push the bike/cycle commute couple of times: still faster than waiting for the bus!

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
I've only ever ridden in wind like that once before. I'd originally planned to join the Sheffield Friday Night Ride, but it was cancelled anyway due to the wind..

Lots calmer today, but lots of wind related debris all over the place.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Call me a wuss, but it's too windy for an enjoyable ride here in the North East today.
I'm with you! I just won't ride in the wind...a breeze is fine but when you're fighting it, it's no fun!

I was hoping someone was going to post that :smile:
th_bowing.gif

Top Bottom