Ford Streetka and all smallish soft tops. Now considering Chevrolet or Suzuki,instead of Nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Classic hairdresser car :tongue:
car_photo_16111.jpg

Do you like this one?:shy:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Those are the words of a man who's made up his mind!
But now having it un-made as i hear tails of rust and more rust.:unsure: The ones i've seen all seem to be rust free. Infact i thought all cars were rust free these days? Rust makes me think of those British Leyland cars i had in the 70's and 80's....and those Datsun rust buckets.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4897317, member: 9609"]I thought you had difficulties with your vision ?[/QUOTE]
I knew someone would ask that. I contacted the DVLA and they have no problem with me driving. I wont be going above 30-40 mph so i should be ok.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Nothing would be better.
At the end of the day,it'll only cost me around 1200 quid for what could be a year's fun. If i get one with a full year's MOT then when it comes to its next one and maybe will cost too much to get it through i wont have lost much. I've heard that people pay more than a thousand quid for bikes!!:eek: Are they crazy(?!):crazy:

AndyRM

XOXO
It's your money at the end of the day, but you'd be wasting it on a Streetka.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Rust, rust, rust. Sills, around the fuel filler, floor, structural members, behind the rear bumper. Not as bad as the earlier models, bit can still be a killer on these.

The engine is an 8v version of the Zetec SE engine. It has only 95bhp or so but in such a light car feels quite peppy. Its reliable and strong, no real vices.

Among the Ford boys the Sportka is considered the spiritual successor to the MKII XR2 in terms of character, and is well regarded. I can't image the Streetka will feel terribly different.

The MOT history on this one seems quite benign, no major nasties observed during the cars life. Its hard to judge from afar, but if that's what you're after its probably worth closer scrutiny.

Check it has something resembling a service history. It was due a cambelt at ten years, so check it had one - its about £300 at a decent independent.

The seller is doing the "trade car" malarkey, but that's a meaningless phrase with no legal weight. Your statutory rights still apply if the engine drops out a week after you buy it.

Good luck.
That's it, read no further. If very cheap, there's always a reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom