Ford Streetka and all smallish soft tops. Now considering Chevrolet or Suzuki,instead of Nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Looks more like your style of parking...

I don't know what you're talking about.

SportageCrash-Bolton-Pic4_zpsc1eb1841.jpg

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Well i had a go in it. I liked it,though it's the first time i've driven since last August so it was a bit of a novelty. We drove for a mile then took the roof down. Not bad,but i'm undecided. I didn't see any rust on the car and according to the clock it's not reached 27,000 miles yet. I asked him why it was so low. He said it'd probably been used for a "sunny day car",hence the low mileage as we don't get many sunny days. Being a bit of a pessimist i'd put low mileage down to the car being on a ramp in a garage most of its time. He wanted £1850 for it,but says he'll take £1500. I told him i'd think about. Don't wait too long as these cars sell themselves,he said. Yeah right,the things been up for sale 2 months that i know of.:rolleyes:
He did say that parts for them are quite cheap. Is this so i wonder?

keithmac

Guru
Having had experience of Fords from an engineering perspective, I'd never buy one. Better the devil you don't know...

+1 for VAG group small cars, but I'd suggest a Skoda CityGo or Fabia. The former is a good little town car, the latter, you need the 1.2 or up, the 1.0 won't pull the skin off a rice pudding.

We had our family Diesel Mk2 Focus for 10 years with not problems at all, only reason I sold it was because we needed a tow car.

Hoping I'll get anothet 10 trouble free years out of our Kuga, no reason to think otherwise.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Mmm,i don't think i'll bother with the one i tried today. According to these, this is what i would expect to pay for it.

logo-mycarcheck.png

FORD STREETKA CABRIOLET
2002-2006, 1599cc,
2 door convertible,
Manual, Petrol
  • Estimated Forecourt Sale Price:£945
  • Estimated Private Sale Price:£795
  • Estimated Trade In Sale Price:£695
  • Estimated Auction Sale Price:£595
All a fair bit less than £1500 i'd say.

That just over 300 quid insurance quote has disappeared. The lowest one for that car is now .....
sagacar072017.gif
Annual premium
£433.43

Instalments total

Check with insurer

Excess
Voluntary Excess:
£100
Compulsory Excess:
£150
Total Excess:
£250

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
But now having it un-made as i hear tails of rust and more rust.:unsure: The ones i've seen all seem to be rust free. Infact i thought all cars were rust free these days? Rust makes me think of those British Leyland cars i had in the 70's and 80's....and those Datsun rust buckets.

Remember the underpinnings are all based on the 1989 Ford Fiesta (which is probably why so many eat themselves).

Well i had a go in it. I liked it,though it's the first time i've driven since last August so it was a bit of a novelty. We drove for a mile then took the roof down. Not bad,but i'm undecided. I didn't see any rust on the car and according to the clock it's not reached 27,000 miles yet. I asked him why it was so low. He said it'd probably been used for a "sunny day car",hence the low mileage as we don't get many sunny days. Being a bit of a pessimist i'd put low mileage down to the car being on a ramp in a garage most of its time. He wanted £1850 for it,but says he'll take £1500. I told him i'd think about. Don't wait too long as these cars sell themselves,he said. Yeah right,the things been up for sale 2 months that i know of.:rolleyes:
He did say that parts for them are quite cheap. Is this so i wonder?

27,000? Or 127,000? Check the full MOT history online, which will at least show you the mileage at every MOT since they went computerised.
Generally parts will be cheap as it's a Ford, but be wary of the cost of anything specific to that model can prove expensive.
Watch out for water leaks too.

A mates daughter had one and when they sold it the buyer noticed a bulb was out. My mate spend half an hour trying to figure out how to fit a bulb, then gave the buyer a tenner back and told them to take it to a garage! :laugh:

But at the end of the day, anything that was good enough for Kylie is good enough for you. ;)

AndyRM

XOXO
Mmm,i don't think i'll bother with the one i tried today. According to "Go Compare" this is what i would expect to pay for it.

View attachment 364818
FORD STREETKA CABRIOLET
2002-2006, 1599cc,
2 door convertible,
Manual, Petrol
  • Estimated Forecourt Sale Price:£945
  • Estimated Private Sale Price:£795
  • Estimated Trade In Sale Price:£695
  • Estimated Auction Sale Price:£595
All a fair bit less than £1500 i'd say.

That just over 300 quid insurance quote has disappeared. The lowest one for that car is now .....
View attachment 364819
Annual premium
£433.43

Instalments total

Check with insurer

Excess
Voluntary Excess:
£100
Compulsory Excess:
£150
Total Excess:
£250