Ford Streetka and all smallish soft tops. Now considering Chevrolet or Suzuki,instead of Nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm tempted to change this thread title again?

How about

Ford Streetka and all smallish soft tops and people who drive with one eye,people who drive with prohibited drugs in their system and those who are likely to black out behind a wheel etc etc.

Last edited:

Firestorm

Veteran
Do they randomly stop drivers to check for traces of cocaine,cannabis and other drugs and check heart function, blood pressure etc,of drivers? I know of someone who drives. He's an ex LSD user. Flashbacks could happen while he's driving,causing him to lose control of his vehicle and cause an accident. Yet some on here don't seem to mind that,they just have a bee in their bonnet about someone legally driving with restricted vision.:rolleyes:
The Dvla are responsible for issuing the licences and have certain criteria relating to known medical issues. Heart problems , eyesight, epilepsy amongst others.

Driving whist under the influence of drugs alcohol etc are a police issue.

However, the phrase two wrongs dont make a right does spring to mind here.

As long as all the required declarations have been made to the DVLA and to Insurers without any ommissions and you still have a valid licence and insurance you are entitled to drive.

TBH as you have voiced concerns previously about your ability to drive , the arguments about other people still driving in a variety of conditions appear to just be a case of trying to justify ignoring your own concerns.

If you dont feel 100% competent , despite the legal position , dont drive.
I had a leg injury 4 years ago, not enough to meet the dvla or insurers criteria about reporting a disability bt a long way, but I still dont feel comfortable riding my motorbike, so I dont

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just been looking through images of cars and stuff and found this.
citroen-lna-11re-share-5citroen-lna-11reby-spottedlaurel_6be49.jpg

I had one about 20 years ago. It caught fire on the M65,pumping out smoke from the exhaust.
Just for a bit of fun can any of you guess what make and model it is?

Levo-Lon

Guru
I've just been looking through images of cars and stuff and found this.
View attachment 368748
I had one about 20 years ago. It caught fire on the M65,pumping out smoke from the exhaust.
Just for a bit of fun can any of you guess what make and model it is?

Based on the pug 104 ..but i think that was the FSO

Ohh the Citroen ..forgot they made cars lol

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
As long as all the required declarations have been made to the DVLA and to Insurers without any ommissions and you still have a valid licence and insurance you are entitled to drive.

That has been done!:thumbsup: Though i can't find my license anywhere!:scratch: It says on some sites that if you provide your license number it could get you cheaper insurance. That's one of the reasons i haven't insured and picked the car up yet.

Levo-Lon

Guru
[QUOTE 4923598, member: 45"]FWIW I have a visual impairment, and a letter from the DVLA stating that I'm OK to drive. I had to go for a specific eye test.[/QUOTE]

Then I'd guess my mother had the same..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom