Ford unveils emoji Jacket for cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T675Rich

Ford have created this jacket that pair with some buttons on your bars that can display emojis and a few other symbols to help cyclists communicate with drivers as:

"By indicating the feelings and intentions of a cyclist, Ford claims the jacket could help to “ease tensions” between drivers and cyclists, potentially reducing accidents."

I'm not convinced that the majority of drivers would change how they drive around cyclists if they know they are happy but the indication arrows (if used correctly) could be helpful.

https://www.bikeradar.com/news/ford-emoji-jacket/

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
As the article states, "While we appreciate the notion of improving communication between different road users, we can’t help but feel that the jacket once again places the responsibility on cyclists."

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Companies seem to think cyclists are an easy touch when it comes to buying their crap. But then again. Perhaps people do by it in sufficient numbers to make the manufacture of it worthwhile. I don't think so.

Ford have created this jacket that pair with some buttons on your bars that can display emojis and a few other symbols to help cyclists communicate with drivers as:

"By indicating the feelings and intentions of a cyclist, Ford claims the jacket could help to “ease tensions” between drivers and cyclists, potentially reducing accidents."

I'm not convinced that the majority of drivers would change how they drive around cyclists if they know they are happy but the indication arrows (if used correctly) could be helpful.

https://www.bikeradar.com/news/ford-emoji-jacket/

How about fitting an electric shock to their cars / drivers which cyclists could trigger.
No chance of misinterpretation then :-)

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Is there a squashed face emoji ?

I (like a lot of commuters) wear a back pack

Is anyone else concerned that the sad or angry face is on the rider's back, and by the time you've been close passed and/or tossed 15 meters into the air, it's a bit late for an updated emoji? Well, at least there's a solution here for the usual 'the other cyclists didn't wave/smile/say hello back' threads. He had an angry face, duh! :cursing:

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
What a terrible idea.
I have to say I made this comment after skimming the article during my break at work. Now I've had time to look at it properly and watch the video it's even worse than I thought.

Big orange arrow means 'pass me on this side'

IMG_4122.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom