Ford unveils emoji Jacket for cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Here's my entry. Hows about a bike mounted camera with advanced situational AI (cool huh?) that automatically detects close passes

Already been done. I'm sure I've linked to it previously on CC but can't find it at the moment.

D

Deleted member 26715

How about cars that don't allow you to turn unless you indicate :whistle:
lol how about cyclists that can't pedal if they don't indicate :whistle: had that this morning, waited for cyclists to go straight forward at a junction, only to have them turn left they way I was wanting to go.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
lol how about cyclists that can't pedal if they don't indicate :whistle: had that this morning, waited for cyclists to go straight forward at a junction, only to have them turn left they way I was wanting to go.

My default is to always indicate; the exceptions are when my hands are need on the brakes or where I anticipate a driver will make a poorly judged crossing of my path if I were to signal my intent.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Cars started off with hand signals, progressed to manual flip down indicators and now there are all manner of fancy indicator lights
I wonder if there is any possibility that there is an improvement to cyclists using hand signals? I'm not saying that this jacket is the answer, just floating the question out there
I'm sure car drivers scoffed at indicators and asked what's wrong with hand signals at one time

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Cars started off with hand signals, progressed to manual flip down indicators and now there are all manner of fancy indicator lights
I wonder if there is any possibility that there is an improvement to cyclists using hand signals? I'm not saying that this jacket is the answer, just floating the question out there
I'm sure car drivers scoffed at indicators and asked what's wrong with hand signals at one time
Car drivers kill people, cyclists don’t. Of course as bike riders we should be clear about our intentions if we are changing direction, using signals and/or road position, but we don’t need more flashing lights. Let’s not transfer responsibility away from those that bring jeopardy to the roads.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I hate fancy indicators on cars. I find them confusing.

Milkfloat

An Peanut

On a bike everyone has great visibility of you (in theory) so arm signals work very well. As cars changed from open carriages to enclosed spaces the need grew for indicators.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Perhaps we could display pictures of boobs on them.

It may stop overtaking - by the heterosexual male population of motorists, at least

Not sure about close passes though

Top Bottom