Ford unveils emoji Jacket for cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
"A driver pipped at me so I looked down to select a smiley emoji and ran into the back of a London bus!"

winjim

Smash the cistern
Sad face emoji enables you to criticise other people's driving at the push of a button. Earn yourself a punishment pass with technology.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
It would be good if it could do a Police sign. You could quickly change it to something else when you get pulled over and deny all knowledge :whistle:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
We see so many of these stupid ideas. Is there actually a bicycle borne technology based idea lurking out there that isn't stupid?

Here's my entry. Hows about a bike mounted camera with advanced situational AI (cool huh?) that automatically detects close passes and other dodgy driver behaviour and communicates the details to a ranting bot that uses yet more advanced wing-ding AI wotnots to write an angry tweet / send footage to the police/ generate and post a diatribe on CC - all without the rider having to intervene at all.

If it happens to spot a cat or maybe a duck doing something cute at the roadside it can snap footage of that and post that too.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
We see so many of these stupid ideas. Is there actually a bicycle borne technology based idea lurking out there that isn't stupid?

Here's my entry. Hows about a bike mounted camera with advanced situational AI (cool huh?) that automatically detects close passes and other dodgy driver behaviour and communicates the details to a ranting bot that uses yet more advanced wing-ding AI wotnots to write an angry tweet / send footage to the police/ generate and post a diatribe on CC - all without the rider having to intervene at all.

If it happens to spot a cat or maybe a duck doing something cute at the roadside it can snap footage of that and post that too.
Take my money !!
:notworthy:

DSK

I get it, but don't like the execution. The angry face could cause further irritation causing escalated levels of conflict.

Trouble is any controller device needs to be quick and easy to use and you would not want to push a button for a selected emoji only for a different emoji to be displayed, causing further issues.

There are LED indicator units and hand signals, which, everyone understand and gets. This would also be quicker in operation. A smile emjoji is easily covered by a quick thumbs up.

D

Deleted member 26715

I'd like to take it further, as the car passes, it grabs the Bluetooth connects to the phone & send the driver a message that they are a Twonker & give cyclists more room.

I don't see any point in having anything behind the rider as it's normally when they have passed that comments are needed.

Top Bottom