Forgetting to set my garmin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rickh01

Über Member
I treated myself to a new bike at Christmas but haven't been able to get out on it much because of work commitments and the weather. But for a couple of week I have been planning yesterday's ride weather permitting . So I set of yesterday full pelt, raced up the inclines, nailed it down the descents and gave it full hog on the flats. I returned home after 50 miles, my heart bigger than a lion, my lungs larger than a horse. My thighs bigger than Mark Hughes' . Feeling great that I have set a benchmark to try a keep up through summer. Can you imagine my dismay when I go to load my results onto garmin only to find out I didn't record my ride . Gutted isn't the word.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I've been there, it totally sucks!

OP
OP
rickh01

rickh01

Über Member
We are getting a lot of that on here. People doing tremendous rides just when their Garmin failed.

Is this the 21st century version of "the one that got away"?

(sympathies @rickh01. If I forget to turn on Strava, I have to fight the temptation to go home and start again)
In all fairness I don't know if the ride was good or not, I thought it was. But I'll never know

Slick

Guru
I did it once last year on a good workout ride round Loch Katrine then over the Dukes Pass which was a personal achievement at the time. I fired up Strava before setting off, and was really looking forward to seeing the stats when I got back. Initially, I couldn't believe it when I realised that I hadn't recorded anything but soon realised that it didn't really matter as I had the time of my life and will do it again this year.

OP
OP
rickh01

rickh01

Über Member
I did it once last year on a good workout ride round Loch Katrine then over the Dukes Pass which was a personal achievement at the time. I fired up Strava before setting off, and was really looking forward to seeing the stats when I got back. Initially, I couldn't believe it when I realised that I hadn't recorded anything but soon realised that it didn't really matter as I had the time of my life and will do it again this year.
Glad I'm not the only one to do this

Top Bottom