Forgot how much harder riding fixed is

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonker

Guru
I've been on a geared bike (it has mudguards) recently but one way and another I ended up on the fixed this morning. Blimey my legs were complaining on the hills and all the stop starting in traffic.
Still much more fun though.

JayMac

I regret flogging my langster, there are times when I miss the sheer simplicity of pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal.

None of the clicking to find the right gear lark, I should build another fixie!

OP
OP
bonker

bonker

Guru
By the time I rode home I was back in the zone.
I'm riding fixed tomorrow whether it's raining or not. Fixed also keeps you warmer so I ditched the legwarmers too.

D

Deleted member 1258

I do more miles on fixed than on gears, its the geared bike that tends to feel strange.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I love my Fixie, used mostly for commuting but as of late have been doing longer rides on it, i love the low maintenance on it. it will never replace the road bike but they are good fun.

D

Deleted member 1258

[QUOTE 2875650, member: 259"]I love fixies but them thare hills combined with age mean I need gears. When I retire I'm going somewhere flatter.[/quote]

How old are you? I'm 62 and when I'm on my fixed I look on hills as a challenge.

Reactions: 4F

edindave

Über Member
[QUOTE 2876221, member: 259"]I have a fixie mountain bike[/quote]

:eek: I can't even imagine what that must be like on downhill trails. :surrender:

D

Deleted member 1258

[QUOTE 2876221, member: 259"]Only 52 Dave, but there are some horridly hilly bits on the commute and I have problems with the knees. I have a fixie mountain bike (!), which is great for the fairly flat forest I live next door to, but I wouldn't want to be doing it to go to work.[/quote]

Similar to this? http://goo.gl/maps/9vZr0

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I love my Fixie, used mostly for commuting but as of late have been doing longer rides on it, i love the low maintenance on it. it will never replace the road bike but they are good fun.

Ditto for me, my Langster is my go to bike for most of my commuting, last year being the exception where I put a good 2000 miles at least on the road bike. Generally if its dryish I will wheel out the road bike but anything else its the Langster fitted with guards!

Top Bottom