Formula 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Interesting analysis
Yes, I wonder if they will change the design in the future, had the bit they put the camera in sheared off the escape would have been far easier.

D

Deleted member 1258

Yes, I wonder if they will change the design in the future, had the bit they put the camera in sheared off the escape would have been far easier.

Yes, I was surprised it didn't just shear off.

I've enjoyed the truncated F1 season this year, although being a fan of LH44 probably helps.

That said, sitting through the race today reminds me why Yas Marina is one of my least favourite tracks - it has everything that's wrong with the new breed of circuits.

I was struggling to stay awake while listening to the radio commentary. All credit to Jack Nicholls, Jolyon Palmer and Jennie Gow for sticking at it during such a snorefest. Didn't bother watching the highlights.

Yas Marina has never produced a good race. But, as the old saying in motor racing goes, money talks and bulls**t walks...

D

Deleted member 26715

I'm also looking forward to next season - be interesting to see what goes on between now and then, especially how the team dynamic works at Racing Point / Aston Martin with Seb joining them as the #2 driver...
Me too, more so at McLaren with Daniel Ricciardo with a Mercedes engine, this could be his best chance if he can get the car to drive the way he wants, hopefully very very quickly, Vettel in a competitive car, to show the doubters, although I feel that Williams & Haas will be chasing the wooden spoon again between them, I don't see Renault suddenly jumping up the grid, they need more power & now with only 2 cars that's going to prove difficult.

I'm really looking forward to Daniel Ricciardo joining Lando at McLaren for noext season. If the team can build on what they've done this year, hopefully we'll see a bit of a step up.

I don't think they'll be on the Merc / Red Bull level *yet* but if they can nip at their ankles for a podium, that would be good.

Red Bull haven't had the reliability this year that they normally so, Max is still making too many silly mistakes and Albon, sadly, hasn't really been at the races.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Roll on March 21st. On my wish list for next season, a closer pack at the front, with maybe 3 genuine contenders for the top spot. I'd love to see Williams move up a bit, and await to see Vettel outperform the prancing horses in an Aston. And please, somebody other than LH winning...

D

Deleted member 26715

I'm really looking forward to Daniel Ricciardo joining Lando at McLaren for noext season. If the team can build on what they've done this year, hopefully we'll see a bit of a step up.
I have high hopes for him, RB decided to put all their eggs in one basket unfortunately for Daniel it wasn't his, but he is every inch the driver Max is.
I don't think they'll be on the Merc / Red Bull level *yet* but if they can nip at their ankles for a podium, that would be good.
I'm hopeful, they outran the Pick Mercs on a few occasions this year with a less powerful engine, hopefully the integration goes well, they can keep their slippery shape or even better it as I believe the Merc engine is a lower profile. If they can find a second they'll be right in it, although a second is a HUGE step.
Red Bull haven't had the reliability this year that they normally so, Max is still making too many silly mistakes and Albon, sadly, hasn't really been at the races.
Desperation for one & not quite enough talent OR too much pressure for the other.

icowden

Veteran
Roll on March 21st. On my wish list for next season, a closer pack at the front, with maybe 3 genuine contenders for the top spot. I'd love to see Williams move up a bit, and await to see Vettel outperform the prancing horses in an Aston. And please, somebody other than LH winning...

I agree. It would be nice to see Lewis actually having to fight a bit more for his wins. It must be utterly soul destroying driving a Williams and knowing you have no hope of finishing in the points. One of the nice things about Russell's race was seeing lots of cars in contention for the podium and some genuine excitement about who might win. Lets just hope RB aren't too complacent about the car being "the same".

Top Bottom