Formula 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Prost was a superb driver, but he really didn’t ever get bad cars. He also mastered the dummy spit. It cost him his place at Ferrari. When they did give him a ( relatively) poor car, he sulked and moaned ( publicly) and ended up being very publicly booted out of the team.

His first year at Mclaren he had a crap car (1980), then he moved to Renault, which wasn't on the level of Brabham or even the normally aspirated Williams. He really only got a decent car during his second stint at McLaren, when they ran the TAG-Porsche turbo, and then later, the Honda.

As for Ferrari he still managed to get the better of Mansell in 1990 by some margin.

The problem with Ferrari is that they don't take criticism on the chin terribly well - they never have.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
This video just popped up on my YouTube feed.

Lewis Hamilton taking Frank Williams for a lap of Silverstone. He has no body strength so it must have been painful but he still smiles the whole way around.

View: https://youtu.be/kSoQtwbpcGU

D

Deleted member 26715

Brilliant, Sir Frank looked upset when they told Lewis to only do 1 lap,

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Rubbish car to do it in though.
It’s a Mercedes advertising ploy and I doubt Frank would have been able to take much more g force in a more powerful car.
He is 77 and the worlds longest surviving tetraplegic so fairly fragile.
They also had the hood down at the start of the recording which makes me think they needed a car with easy access to lift him in and out.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Slightly off topic but with a cycling link, you may have been aware of the continuing saga with Haas sponsor Rich Energy and their copying of the Whyte bikes logo. Rich Energy also had a small sponsorship deal on one of the Bentleys in British GT which has been terminated and replaced by...

Goggs

Guru
Another dull race today. :becool:

classic33

Leg End Member
25 years ago, Jos Verstappen
51460bd7aebeed75a403e51db82d1a4d.jpg

I remember that...

Or rather, I could hardly fail to forget it.

It's one of those F1 moments that sticks in the memory, right alongside Derek Warwick skating through the Parabolica on his roll bar, Senna stuffing his McLaren into the wall at the exit to the Portier while leading the '88 Monaco Grand Prix by a minute, Maurizio Gugelmin sailing his March over the heads of the other drivers at the start of the '89 French GP...

Top Bottom