Formula 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goggs

Guru
The only point I was making is that given the best car he's the best driver. To be fair, that's probably true for most of the grid.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Come on, there absolutely was a choice, and V made it. He knew that unless he pushed CLC off, then he'd outdrag him again.

Compare and contrast:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nxwn3OHkEw

Look at the track room and mutual respect and trust of two drivers having a great race, on e that's gone down in the annals...

Thanks for the clip, that was proper racing. I doubt we'll ever see that level again.

Goggs

Guru
I think Hamilton has at best one more season in him. After that it's the bright lights of panto for him.

D

Deleted member 26715

Whilstever Mercedes have a competitive car I can't see him leaving, even if the others get their acts together & start to challenge him.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
But he'll want to beat it, surely?
Likely so

The only time there is decent racing is when a faster car is behind a slower one.

Verstappen nearly stalling on the line and having to make up places is an example.

Thus bin practice and start the cars in reverse finishing order of the previous race.

Just like in short oval racing... :biggrin: Pick your formula; superstox, national hot rods, sprint midgets...

Drivers get graded according to ability / results. Least good (white roof) start up front, then yellow, blue and red grade drivers. World champ in the category has a gold roof and starts at the very back.

The only point I was making is that given the best car he's the best driver. To be fair, that's probably true for most of the grid.
And therein lies the problem with GP racing at present. There are no ‘standout’ drivers, who can outdrive a sub par car, at present ( Vettel excepted, and Kimi seemingly doesn’t care that much anymore) Generally a driver of that calibre, ( Senna, Schumacher, Alonso, Hakkinen, Raikkonen, Vettel. ) all of whom demonstrably drove gash cars, way past what the experienced engineers at their respective teams, thought possible, doesn't appear very often. I believe Leclerc is of that ilk, but he’s not been put in the worst car, so it’s harder to tell.

Top Bottom