Formula 1

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Dec66, 30 Jun 2019.

1. Drago

Drago Flouncing Nobber

Bottom line is no one died. They were racing, and LeClerc failed to prevent a faster driver - on that day - from overtaking.

2. Bonefish Blues

Bonefish Blues Banging donk

CLC will hold his line next time, I suggest. "Weakness" against Max is a bad place to be.

He will hurt someone, I worry.

3. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

It might make for a great race but wouldn’t be very fair, you would have to make overtaking much easier, otherwise a slow car could hold everyone up in a long train.

4. Phaeton

Phaeton Guru

Or himself, some of his moves are dangerous, playing chicken with drivers along the Kemmel Straight into Les Combes was just ridiculous, although I think words have been had, he has calmed down slightly.

5. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

21st October 1990.

6. Drago

Drago Flouncing Nobber

LeClerc was on the outside and slightly behind, and the sporting code tells a driver they must yield in that scenario. If he'd held his line and caused a collision he'd be facing sanctions without any doubt, not to mention throwing away any points he might have been in line for.

I actually don't think LeClerc is all that. He's fast, but arguably he's in the fastest car, and he isn't clocking up a record of winning tight fights for position. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I reckon he's shaping up to be a other Damon Hill - quick, but not actually much of a racer.

Goggs likes this.
  7. Bonefish Blues

Bonefish Blues Banging donk

I read an interesting post from someone whose opinions I respect who reckoned that the 'calming down' was actually more to do with Danny Ric leaving and taking away that pressure from someone pretty much as quick. It took him one lap only to decide to shunt CLC.

@Drago I see it in diametrically the opposite way to you.

8. Phaeton

Phaeton Guru

I loved Horner's comments that they didn't know why Ricciardo had decided to leave, maybe it was as he had openly said stated they were building a team around Max

9. Goggs

Goggs Veteran

Verstappen may not be the best driver on the grid right now but I think he's the fastest. Put him in a Mercedes and you've got the next world champion.

10. Kempstonian

Kempstonian Has the memory of a goldfish

Verstappen to replace Bottas? What a prospect! :smile:

11. Phaeton

Phaeton Guru

I'm not a gambling man, but I'd put money on that never happening

NorthernDave likes this.
  12. Kempstonian

Kempstonian Has the memory of a goldfish

So would I but we wouldn't get very good odds on it.

13. Cletus Van Damme

Cletus Van Damme Previously known as Cheesney Hawks

I watched Cleland in the Cavalier. I watched more of David Leslie & his teammate in the Primera P11's, that dominated it slightly later. I'm not into F1 at all. I'm going to Silverstone on the Saturday for qualifying as it is free with work. Probably be better than I'm expecting..

david-leslie-nissan-primera-touring-car-bttc-croft-circuit-E16C6B.jpg

Last edited: 4 Jul 2019
    classic33 likes this.
  14. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Try and find out.

15. Goggs

Goggs Veteran

It wasn't Bottas I had in mind.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice