Formula 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
CLC will hold his line next time, I suggest. "Weakness" against Max is a bad place to be.

He will hurt someone, I worry.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The only time there is decent racing is when a faster car is behind a slower one.

Verstappen nearly stalling on the line and having to make up places is a an example.

Thus bin practice and start the cars in reverse finishing order of the previous race.
It might make for a great race but wouldn’t be very fair, you would have to make overtaking much easier, otherwise a slow car could hold everyone up in a long train.

D

Deleted member 26715

He will hurt someone, I worry.
Or himself, some of his moves are dangerous, playing chicken with drivers along the Kemmel Straight into Les Combes was just ridiculous, although I think words have been had, he has calmed down slightly.

Drago

Legendary Member
CLC will hold his line next time, I suggest. "Weakness" against Max is a bad place to be.

LeClerc was on the outside and slightly behind, and the sporting code tells a driver they must yield in that scenario. If he'd held his line and caused a collision he'd be facing sanctions without any doubt, not to mention throwing away any points he might have been in line for.

I actually don't think LeClerc is all that. He's fast, but arguably he's in the fastest car, and he isn't clocking up a record of winning tight fights for position. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I reckon he's shaping up to be a other Damon Hill - quick, but not actually much of a racer.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Or himself, some of his moves are dangerous, playing chicken with drivers along the Kemmel Straight into Les Combes was just ridiculous, although I think words have been had, he has calmed down slightly.
I read an interesting post from someone whose opinions I respect who reckoned that the 'calming down' was actually more to do with Danny Ric leaving and taking away that pressure from someone pretty much as quick. It took him one lap only to decide to shunt CLC.

@Drago I see it in diametrically the opposite way to you.

Goggs

Guru
Verstappen may not be the best driver on the grid right now but I think he's the fastest. Put him in a Mercedes and you've got the next world champion.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I agree anyone who watched Steve Soper, John Cleland, Will Hoy etc knows what touring car racing is about

I watched Cleland in the Cavalier. I watched more of David Leslie & his teammate in the Primera P11's, that dominated it slightly later. I'm not into F1 at all. I'm going to Silverstone on the Saturday for qualifying as it is free with work. Probably be better than I'm expecting..

david-leslie-nissan-primera-touring-car-bttc-croft-circuit-E16C6B.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom