1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum/Cycling Acronyms

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Shaun, 21 Aug 2007.

1. PaulSB

PaulSB Guru

Round here, Blackburn / Chorley, it stands for Come on You Blues.

Never heard it in relation to cycling but widely used on Rovers messageboards

2. Hop3y

Hop3y Padiham Commuter

Booooo... UTC!

martint235 and PaulSB like this.
  3. TinyMyNewt

TinyMyNewt An execrable pun

TMN. An award given to someone who has posted something but has been ignored, only to find that shortly afterwards someone else posts the very same thing and gets the credit. Named after, ahem, me, to whom it was happening a lot at the time (January 2013, so it's been around for a while).

There were other forum awards or measures of various things (see http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/new-si-measurements-as-proposed-by-ccers.121263/page-2#post-2243923) all named for different forum characters and their foibles, but this one seems to have stuck for some reason.

See also:
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE3r_CgScms

4. threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty Corn Fed Hick...

TMN. An award given to someone who has posted something but has been ignored, only to find that shortly afterwards someone else posts the very same thing and gets the credit.

5. Poacher

Poacher Gravitationally challenged member

The ominous silence can only mean that someone, somewhere, is working on a devastating, once-and-for-all putdown of an acronym for TBM.............

6. howard2107

howard2107 Well-Known Member

7. RichardB

RichardB Slightly retro

I have seen this on a motorcycle forum like this, and it is 100% applicable to bicycles:

"What is the ideal number of motorcycles to own?"
    "n+1, where n is the number you currently own. This can be alternatively expressed as s-1, where s is the number that will result in separation from your partner."

8. RichardB

RichardB Slightly retro

OK, I'm stumped. 'SCR'? It's obviously not Senior Common Room, and I am guessing from the context it is something like S*** Commuter Race/Racing, but a look at Google doesn't give any results apart from this forum (and The Giant SCR). Anyone?

9. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah Staff Member

Silly Commuter Racing

10. RichardB

RichardB Slightly retro

Thank you! Must do some, soonest.

11. GuyBoden

GuyBoden Fat, old bloke, on an old bike, pedalling slowly.

It's a male thing, but do cyclists have an equivalent for "Put your furniture in the centre of the room"

12. RichardB

RichardB Slightly retro

I honestly have no idea what that means.

13. Sbudge

Sbudge Cyclist

Yep, me too, couldn't figure out why I'd want to take my bike to the London Business School.

Oh and TLA obviously (Three Letter Acronym)

14. winjim

winjim A youth of interminable age

TMN. An award given to someone who has posted something but has been ignored, only to find that shortly afterwards someone else posts the very same thing and gets the credit.

15. Sbudge

Sbudge Cyclist

Point taken. :-)

OK, couldn't find "POETS" day in the list....appropriate today.
    (P*** Off Early Tomorrow's Saturday)