Forum ride - Hebden Bridge to Waddington, Sun 29th January

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Edge705

Confirmation I will be there looking forward to it However I’m delving towards Preston a little before Longridge fell on the Whalley Road as you lot go up Church lane I'll just carry on cos I need to motor back to the Fylde coast. Incidentally is the padiham cycleway the old railway line? Judging by the forecast I reckon well be descending as fast as we are accenting tomorrow at least I will anyhow - I’ve wasted enough of the NHS's time in my cycle life.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
See you in Rochdale in 3 weeks time for the mini-North-West-Passage! :hello:

Will do, although I'm not sure what I'll be riding; Carrera/Ridgeback?/Ridgeback replacement? (prob not)/'Lethal impact' bike

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Confirmation I will be there looking forward to it However I’m delving towards Preston a little before Longridge fell on the Whalley Road as you lot go up Church lane I'll just carry on cos I need to motor back to the Fylde coast. Incidentally is the padiham cycleway the old railway line? Judging by the forecast I reckon well be descending as fast as we are accenting tomorrow at least I will anyhow - I’ve wasted enough of the NHS's time in my cycle life.
Er, we'll be going up Station Road - Church Lane doesn't appear to go anywhere!

Yes, the Padiham Greenway is along the route of old freight line. The residents who live either side of it must be really pleased to now have this behind their houses ...

padiham-greenway.jpg

... instead of a derelict railway line!

I'm going to have a few beers now, snatch some sleep, then - Let's Ride!

Attachments

• padiham-greenway.jpg
    padiham-greenway.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 50
Never thought, I could have used this weather as a good excuse to buy that new Hardtail I keep looking at:whistle:

Yeah - funnily enough pictures of XC bikes & hardtails keep coming into my mind!

I would try and persuade you k-S, but how would I feel if you changed your mind, came along and then fell off! :whistle:

If you are free on Saturday, 18th February, why not join us for the Mini-North-West-Passage from Rochdale instead?

Thanks Colin but unfortunately I am busy on the Saturday - having a yoga day! Lots of good stretching. Otherwise I would definitely be in.

So for tomorrow have a SAFE journey!!!!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I'll just make a note of who is coming tomorrow so I can keep track of everybody and then that's me done for this evening!

Yoga - hmm ... I really must get into stretching - I am soooooo inflexible - I'd struggle to even reach down to mid-shin level. I'm sure that it is one reason why I get so much backache.

Oh well, there will be at least one forum ride a month in these parts k-S, so take your pick of one when the weather is nicer!

A few beers while watching a film, then I'll turn in.

Yoga - hmm ... I really must get into stretching - I am soooooo inflexible - I'd struggle to even reach down to mid-shin level. I'm sure that it is one reason why I get so much backache.

Oh well, there will be at least one forum ride a month in these parts k-S, so take your pick of one when the weather is nicer!

get stretching its definitely worth it!

Yeah I will do and thanks....she says day (or rather night) dreaming of summer...

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Just out of bed, having drunk beer and watched TV until 02:30! Isn't 56 getting just a wee bit old to be doing this to myself? :whistle:

Incoming message from totallyfixed - too frosty and cold for him and Helen to risk riding fixed today. Probably a sensible decision ... As for the rest of us - Let's Forum Ride! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom