Forum ride - Hebden Bridge to Waddington, Sun 29th January

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Svendo

Guru
We got back to the car park at 4.40pm tc, Paul and ILS left us at Tod, and me and Colin carried on at our usual blistering pace :tongue:
Aha, then it probably was yourself and Colin I saw on your way back to Hebden.

potsy

Rambler
I always enjoy seeing the photos of forum rides. Would you like to put the names to the faces, when you have recovered, Potsy?
Just for you :hugs:
1st group shot.jpg

Tubby cyclist,Penine Paul, Ilikeskol,Colinj,Oldfatfool,Edge 705
After the cafe stop.jpg

Penine Paul,Globalti,Colinj,Ilikeskol,me,tubbycyclist,Oldfatfool.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Don't blame you off, we had already said our goodbyes to ILS so was surprised to see him waiting in Tod with PP.
I just stopped long enough to phone the misses, don a jacket because the temps were starting to fall and I also needed to cram some dried fruit down my throat because I felt like I was starting to fade. After about 80 miles the novelty was starting to wear off but somehow once I passed the 90 mile mark I got a little bit of a second wind. I didn't actually have to crawl home even though I felt fairly beat.

By the way Potsy, you definitely had a clear lead on Colin today, I reckon if you continue this way we will soon have to quit with the Captain Slow quips!!!!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I nearly forgot to mention the broken spoke! Just as I was heading towards Hebden Bridge this morning, about a mile away from the meeting point, when I heard and felt a twang. At first I thought I had run over something in the road and listened for the inevitable Hiiiiiissssssss but it never came so I looked down and saw a definite wobble in the back wheel. Instantly knew what had happened so I just kept going to the meeting point. This is the beauty of disc brakes, it doesn't matter what shape the wheel is, as long as it will spin and clear the frame, you can carry on.

Ajay

Veteran
I'm back! I'm tired, a bit cold and everything aches, even things that aren't supposed to ache after cycling ... :wacko:

That's my January metric century done, 107 kms in fact, or 67 miles. A bit too much of a step up from a hilly 33 miler 2 weekends ago, and nothing else since the end of November!

I'd like to thank everybody for waiting for me when I needed them to, which was far too often! :blush:

I'll do a write-up tomorrow, and will post a few photos. Now i need something to eat, and a rest ...

PS No sign of you aJay - I hope you are okay?

Yep, I didn't make it!
Had four 12 yr old girls on a sleep over last night (err, my daughters friends, I'll quickly add)
With the time it took to get them settled the alarm call was just too early and I bottled it.
I really need to get my cycling mojo back quickly though, I'm right at the bottom of my fitness curve!

potsy

Rambler
Tragic to have missed it and most of you seemed to be grimacing smiling, but I am sure the cold would have done for Helen plus it would have meant getting back home / eating would have been a bit late. Right, can you do it again in Spring?
I claimed victory in the Roman Road hill climb by default :tongue:

Good turn out considering the conditions, am sure there'll be plenty more rides coming up in the next few months.

We are thinking about making ILS's headwear into the Colinj ride compulsory uniform too :crazy:

Sounds like a terrific forum ride and good pictures too. The one of Colin outside the cafe has more than a little Micheal Palin pythonesque about it!

I was really disappointed that I couldn't make the rearranged date of the 29th due to a family commitment but I'm hopeful of making the February forum ride and subsequent months.

Cheers for now,

Brian

Top Bottom