Frame sizing - Genesis Equilibrium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I am toying with the idea of taking the black bike (Surosa Audax Toledo) apart and transplanting all the bits onto a Genesis Equilibrium Frameset. The Surosa is a 58cm frame. The Genesis comes in a 58cm and a 60cm version.

Am I going to notice any significant difference purely from the larger frame? According to the geometry chart on the Genesis website the changes are marginal and my bike fit data suggests I'll fit either just as well. LBS says your call, Evans say biggest one.

What say the CC collective?

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
No?
No one?
Anyone?

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I would say test ride. What do you expect to gain by dropping 500 quid for what I would guess is a non-race bike?
meaningful test ride comparison is nigh on impossible no lbs is going to let me ride a demo model in each size for 100km. I've done the car park round the block test. Told me nowt useful.

as to what I expect to gain from spending my money? a project, a steel framed audax bike as a result, a chance to see if the frame&material makes the oft claimed difference, et cetera.

fossala

Guru
I normally ride 54 or 56 bikes, for the equilibrium and the croix de fer I ended up choosing the 56. Happy with both choices.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I dunno exactly but I'd go for the smaller frame as it's easier to adjust up, I could be completely wrong so feel free to blast me down in flames. BTW I've got a 58 Day-01 and I'm 6', can't remember my inside leg but it's normal and I'm not a weird monkey shape or owt.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I normally ride 54 or 56 bikes, for the equilibrium and the croix de fer I ended up choosing the 56. Happy with both choices.
I dunno exactly but I'd go for the smaller frame as it's easier to adjust up, I could be completely wrong so feel free to blast me down in flames. BTW I've got a 58 Day-01 and I'm 6', can't remember my inside leg but it's normal and I'm not a weird monkey shape or owt.
The charts make em look small for the size. I'm tending towards the 60. 6' 2" and have lots of seatpost showing and my stem is not stubby at all!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
The charts make em look small for the size. I'm tending towards the 60. 6' 2" and have lots of seatpost showing and my stem is not stubby at all!

Probably unscientific but I took the measurements from the Genesis chart and measured it against my Planet X to see if it was compatible. When I set the Gen up I put the bikes together to get everything in as similar position as I could.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The 60 should be right for you, I am also 6'2" and use this size but also feel comfortable on a 63.5.

Top Bottom