Frank Schleck positive test

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Bad news for Schleck, bad news for Radio Shack and also bad news for cycling in general. Although I don't hold out much hope, I would be relieved to hear that a mistake has been made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Its getting harder and harder to defend the support I hold so close to my heart and that has done so much for my life

A real real sad state of affairs

I'd be clutching a rosary, lucky charms and an entire rabbit before saying something that unequivocal. Not saying you're wrong mind.

Don't forget a hail mary and a couple of our fathers as well. I know what you mean though, I want the Brits to be clean but past history of many nationalities of professional riders/winners in this particular professional cycle race makes you think the opposite. I hate the fact that athletes who've striven for years to reach this level of ability & competitiveness are subject to this sort of mistrust due to the actions of a few 'win-at-all-costs' types.

yello

He's going to ask for the B sample to be tested and if it's positive his defence will be that he's been poisoned. By the way, can this stuff turn up in meat?
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/frank-schleck-requests-b-sample-will-claim-hes-been-poisoned

Call me naive but I'm open to the 'poisoned' line of defence. Why? Because despite the history, I just wouldn't have called this one. And not because he's riding poorly either, but because... dunno, I'm just stunned I guess and that's my gut reaction. Benefit of the doubt I guess. Suffice to say, I'll read the reports that follow with interest.

david k

Hi
who would poison ? are we really thinking this would go on? maybe im niave also but id like to think it wouldnt go on

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
who would poison ? are we really thinking this would go on? maybe im niave also but id like to think it wouldnt go on
it might go on and it might not (and it probably did in the past) but I can't imagine why anybody would have it in for Frank Schleck who represents no kind of threat to anybody.

raindog

er.....
Call me naive but I'm open to the 'poisoned' line of defence.
Just got back from an early morning ride and while I was out I was thinking about something someone on TheClinic said (yes, I know.....^_^ ) . Shack are on the point of imploding, contracts haven't been honored and wages haven't been paid. Frank and Andy are star riders and must be on massive salaries. The boss of Shack goes to the team doctor and asks if they can slip something to Frank in his food or drink, nothing dangerous, just a masking agent that's easily detectable, then when he's tested positive we can wash our hands of him and save a couple of million.
Might not be that far fetched?

fatblokish

Guru
Could a bottle of water, handed to a rider near the top of a summit and then either part drunk or poured over the riders head, be responsible? The evidence would be discarded in the verge.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Could a bottle of water, handed to a rider near the top of a summit and then either part drunk or poured over the riders head, be responsible? The evidence would be discarded in the verge.

Those bottles of water aren't handed to them by spectators but by strategically placed team water dispensers, I don't think any rider would be silly enough to accept a drink from a spectator?

Or am I misunderstanding your point?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Its getting harder and harder to defend the support I hold so close to my heart and that has done so much for my life

A real real sad state of affairs

It's rife in any sport - just a bit more public in cycling. It's also rife in amateur sport two. Some of the drug taking is stupid and ill informed, some of it is very well researched.

You always get cheats. Hard work isn't always enough - just like in life, some folk will cut corners.

Top Bottom