Freaked Out!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DeepBurn

Über Member
So I was out cycling the other day and my route takes me down a road that cuts through a heavy wooded area.

It was early evening, around 7pm, the sun was starting to set and the road had become shaded due to the tree cover. There was pretty much just me and the odd car passing by. There were no people around at all.

As I peddled along I heard a distant 'briing brrrinng' - the kind you'd hear on a childs bike. I turned around and stared back along the long straight I'd just covered. Nothing there. A bit weird I thought but could have been someone in the section of woods I'd just past.

Anyway a few minutes later and I'm a fair distance further down teh road and again I hear a distant 'briing brrrinng'. Thinking I was going mad I turned around again and once again no one was there. There was no way someone cyling thriugh the woods could have covered the same distance as me on the road (I'm slow but not THAT slow!!! :laugh:)

Anyway - another few minutes later and again I hear the 'briing brrrinng'. Now I'm freaking out a little bit. I ring my bell to check it's not that and it's not because its a totally different style and sound.

I'm not into ghost stories but I couldn't peddle fast enough to get out of the woods lol!!!

I'm nearly 29 for goodness sake and all I could think was that I was being haunted by some child that had been involved in some terrible accident on this bit of road, like in the movies lol. There was not a soul around though.

It freaked me out!!!

rb58

Enigma
Maybe your bottom bracket needs lubing!

siadwell

Guru
I have a smartphone app that gives verbal updates at certain points on a ride and used to ride with it in my back pocket. It's pretty unnerving to hear a disembodied voice behind you when it's pitch dark and you're in the middle of nowhere.

classic33

Leg End Member
So I was out cycling the other day and my route takes me down a road that cuts through a heavy wooded area.

I'm not into ghost stories but I couldn't peddle fast enough to get out of the woods lol!!!

I'm nearly 29 for goodness sake and all I could think was that I was being haunted by some child that had been involved in some terrible accident on this bit of road, like in the movies lol. There was not a soul around though.

It freaked me out!!!

http://www.paranormaldatabase.com/reports/royal.php?pageNum_paradata=3&totalRows_paradata=121
Scroll down to Hooded Figure!

marafi

Rolling down the hills with the bike.
Hmm i think someone wants to play a prank on you. A lot of kids nowadays, when seeing cyclist especially in the dark, took a bell bike and keep pressing it. I know of it cos i used to do it for fun. lol

OP
OP
DeepBurn

DeepBurn

Über Member
Hmm i think someone wants to play a prank on you. A lot of kids nowadays, when seeing cyclist especially in the dark, took a bell bike and keep pressing it. I know of it cos i used to do it for fun. lol

haha - sounds like fun!

Not possible here though - there is no way they could have kept up if they were in the woods and there was no one on the road behind me! I'm sure there is a perfectly plausible explanation but I just don't know what it is!!

classic33

Leg End Member
haha - sounds like fun!

Not possible here though - there is no way they could have kept up if they were in the woods and there was no one on the road behind me! I'm sure there is a perfectly plausible explanation but I just don't know what it is!!
Maybe it was the "Hooded Figure"

HovR

Über Member
haha - sounds like fun!

You're right.. Couldn't have been a kid hiding in the woods with a bell; with the distance you traveled at high speeds.

But what about two kids hiding in the woods with bells? :tongue:

Top Bottom