Free wheel issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Sheffield is nice, worth a day out whilst seeing PX. Bungalows and Bears is a good pub to get a nice meal 9only 5 mins from the station), been there a few times to meet up with people/attend certain events in Sheffield.Also a few nice museums/galleries etc.

& I could always pitch up a tent too

Just till they sort out my dissatisfaction mind :smile:

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
And so the saga grows - am now walking home after another issue

Zoiders

If you are having second thoughts about having bought it then flog it on the bay, getting into protracted mither with PX over stuff that may or may not be their fault is going to do you no good at all.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
If you are having second thoughts about having bought it then flog it on the bay, getting into protracted mither with PX over stuff that may or may not be their fault is going to do you no good at all.

Am not having second thoughts and how are these issues not there fault ?

Zoiders

Gaz you are now vaguely hinting at dark and ominous problems with the bike on top of the freehub problem which is you leading us on a bit - yes Planet X can muddle stuff at times but it's getting into piss taking territory if you had it from them from new (was it bought new by you by the way?) and not a single part is set up correctly.

If it's really that bad take it back and leave it with them until it's sorted properly or they simply refund the purchase price because if you keep riding it and finding faults they are going to feel you are trying to shaft them for a free bike and it will get very antagonistic between you and them.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Gaz you are now vaguely hinting at dark and ominous problems with the bike on top of the freehub problem which is you leading us on a bit - yes Planet X can muddle stuff at times but it's getting into piss taking territory if you had it from them from new (was it bought new by you by the way?) and not a single part is set up correctly.

If it's really that bad take it back and leave it with them until it's sorted properly or they simply refund the purchase price because if you keep riding it and finding faults they are going to feel you are trying to shaft them for a free bike and it will get very antagonistic between you and them.

To be fair to Gaz, he had problems with the bottom bracket from the very 1st ride. He had a video to show it, I dont see how that could happen bar poor installation or faulty product, if it was a fautly part and took the frame with it, then thats still on them to sort out since they supplied the bike with the faulty part. I wouldnt have accepted the offer they gave him regarding this, but he did in good spirits. If more has now gone wrong, I can see why he is a pissed off.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.

No, not leading anyone on here and have no idea WTF that accusation is all about TBH

Yes it was purchased from PX , by myself, I collected it from PX in person myself.

As Rob said, the BB was screwed on the first ride, then I noticed the brakes, then the BB shell, now the freewheel and a walk home.

Yes I am pissed BUT I have ALWAYS said that this bike is AMAZING FUN !!!! and NO I dont want rid of it !

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
It's not an "accusation" so calm down.

Calm is my middle name

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I am trying to see your side of the story and their's.

The two versions could conflict and end up causing both parties more grief than it should.

But as a buyer of a new bike who has stated openly that I LOVE it, despite the following

Worn out Pads (PX Sent new pads after I emailed)
An Un-tru wheel (resolved by my LBS, by me)
A screwed BB (New BB sent)
BB Shell needing re-machining (PX offered to pay, as of yet, this is outstanding)
Freewheel issue

Should I really be told to stick it on ebay ? really?

I've done less than 100 miles on it BTW

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I don't think you are going to be happy with it no matter how well it gets set up.

I don't understand where you are going with this considering I keep saying im happy with what the bike offers just not the issues

Do you think they are acceptable problems with a new bike ?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Zoiders, the bike has had two big problems - the BB and the freewheel.

Gaz is best sending it back (not too easy when it's a bike). Gaz has actually been much better (patient) than I would have been - if the BB shell needed re-tapping - I'd be back for a new bike.

The freehub sounds knackered TBH, - unfortunately these things happen some times. Not sure of the make of wheels/hubs though.

Shimano stuff is usually bomb proof. Only ever had a freehub break - well it didn't - it froze. I ordered a new hub as it was cheaper to get a hub than a freehub. Old freehub then re-lubed and sits as a spare in the spares box.

Zoiders

Not an argument I am having.

I gave you what I think is a balanced view of what's going on, if you ask for advice in the knowledge then expect different view points - don't just ask people to agree with what you have already deemed to be the problem.

Top Bottom