Free wheel issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
...and dont ride it !

Already covered, Im not now this new issue has arose, I rode it today because, when I set off, it wasn't happening , enjoyed my walk home from work tonight tho
whistling.gif

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
[QUOTE 1533615"]
So the bike had been ridden?
[/quote]

a fair assumption

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
[QUOTE 1533617"]
I'd send it back. If I buy a new bike I expect a new bike.
[/quote]

I'm on it

I sent a strongly worded but very polite email to them last night

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
PX dont even allow 'proper' test rides (i.e. **** off on the bike for a few hours) only up and down the industrial estate or on a turbo according to my contact with them, so its quite odd for the pads to be worn.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
PX dont even allow 'proper' test rides (i.e. **** off on the bike for a few hours) only up and down the industrial estate or on a turbo according to my contact with them, so its quite odd for the pads to be worn.

Oh really ? Now that adds more mystery to the situation

This may be hard as I'm doing it from mobile.

Sounds like the bike has been submersed in water I.e. a canal crash - sounds like they gave you a cleaned up second hand bike.

This is better to deal with in person, but can be done as a letter, do some research talk to owners/MDs - they'll be a limited company so this is all available online. Call and ask to speak to the MD by name, talk your way through, just be confident, assured and calm. You need to write down what to say as a letter. Words like 'disgusting' are key words and often said calmly will help loosen up the MD.

Anyway, here goes:

Dear MD

I recently purchased one of your CX bicycles of the following spec. In the first 100 miles I have experienced list of problems. It has been suggested to me that the bike has been previously used.

I was initially impressed by the cycle but things soon went wrong, the level of issues has left me upset, out of pocket and frankly disgusted with yourselves. Can you please let me know how you intend to remedy this because I'd like this to end as a good situation.

I look forward to your expedient response.

Yours sincerely

Mr ..

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.

Sounds like the bike has been submersed in water I.e. a canal crash - sounds like they gave you a cleaned up second hand bike.

This is better to deal with in person, but can be done as a letter, do some research talk to owners/MDs - they'll be a limited company so this is all available online. Call and ask to speak to the MD by name, talk your way through, just be confident, assured and calm. You need to write down what to say as a letter. Words like 'disgusting' are key words and often said calmly will help loosen up the MD.

Anyway, here goes:

Dear MD

I recently purchased one of your CX bicycles of the following spec. In the first 100 miles I have experienced list of problems. It has been suggested to me that the bike has been previously used.

I was initially impressed by the cycle but things soon went wrong, the level of issues has left me upset, out of pocket and frankly disgusted with yourselves. Can you please let me know how you intend to remedy this because I'd like this to end as a good situation.

Yours sincerely

Mr ..

That's most helpful SM, thank you

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Without prejudice. Privat and confidential.

Dear MD

I recently purchased one of your CX bicycles of the following spec:-

spec
spec
spec

During the initial 100 miles I have experienced the following list of problems:-

probs
probs
probs

It has been suggested to me that the bike has possibly been used, prior to your company selling it to me as a new product

I am impressed by the product but the list of issues has left me upset, out of pocket and quite frankly surprised at the quality of aftersales service I have recieved.

Please let me know how we can move forward? I have home insurance with legal expenses and they have agreed, that I have a case against your company, it will cost your company, time and expense to defend my claim, if I decide to continue.

However, I would much prefer to solve this situation amicably, in such a way that I will be left feeling satisfied and still be willing to positively promote your companies products. Like I have said previously, I am very happy with the product (except the list of issues) and I am sure that my experiences to date are just down to being unlucky and catching your staff on bad days.

Please respond within 28 days.

Yours sincerely

Mr ..

better?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I'd leave out the it has been suggested to me bit for a start as this makes it look like others have been meddling. I'd also drop all the legal mumbo jumbo for a 1st letter of contact. Be more civil, wait for a response, if it is not adequite elevate your stated course of action in another letter. Go all out in the 1st letter you will put them on the defensive, and also leave yourself with no-where to go.

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat

Anyway, here goes:

Dear MD

Yours sincerely

Mr ..

Sounds good, but I would start with "Dear Fascist Bully Boy"... sure to get a result

Top Bottom