Free wheel issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I'd leave out the it has been suggested to me bit for a start as this makes it look like others have been meddling. I'd also drop all the legal mumbo jumbo for a 1st letter of contact. Be more civil, wait for a response, if it is not adequite elevate your stated course of action in another letter. Go all out in the 1st letter you will put them on the defensive, and also leave yourself with no-where to go.

bollocks.

i ran a limited company for over a decade, i know what gets attention and what doesn't.

he has somewhere to go, court, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on, products supplied not fit for purpose etc etc.

Zoiders

bollocks.

i ran a limited company for over a decade, i know what gets attention and what doesn't.

he has somewhere to go, court, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on, products supplied not fit for purpose etc etc.
No one threatens to go legal in the first letter.

It's stupid and counter productive.

Zoiders

again bollocks,

he's more than used up the pleasantries so far. show me where in the etiquette manual it says this?
Do you work in a product buying and technical sales role that deals with warranty issues for customers? as I am guessing you don't?

Being confrontational gets you nowhere if that's your only opening tactic.

No emotive language, no stupid threats about legal action, lay out the facts politely and ask what they intend to do about it.

Until that first step is carried out in writing it doesn't matter one gnats bollock what may or may not have been said so far.

The suggested complaint format up thread looks like it was put together by a nerdy teenager having a tantrum.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Do you work in a product buying and technical sales role that deals with warranty issues for customers? as I am guessing you don't?

No emotive language, no stupid threats about legal action, lay out the facts politely and ask what they intend to do about it.

Until that first step is carried out in writing it doesn't matter one gnats bollock what may or may not have been said so far.

The suggested complaint format up thread looks like it was put together by a nerdy teenager having a tantrum.

where is this etiquette that you keep referring to written down?

he has already spent time getting nowhere with the head office already. why **** about? straight to the point, the EXAMPLES above were written down as EXAMPLES (on the way out of the door) to SUGGEST my thoughts on the route he should be taking. Who said it was a stupid threat? He has been treated appallingly and needs to get it sorted.

As for the nerdy teenager comment, are we really going back to the school yard?

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
No one threatens to go legal in the first letter.

It's stupid and counter productive.

I totally disagree, I took this approach with customers who decided not to pay within the agreed terms, 99% paid up after the first letter. The remaining 1% paid up, either in court or within the 14 days I asked for in court. So, you could say that I have quite a bit of experience, with tackling both individuals and national companies with that approach.

No matter what bollocks or defense you spiel, statutory rights are statutory rights, so use 'em I say.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed

I'm guessing that you do and feel quite important, what the **** has that got to do with a letter to the MD marked P&C?

If what has or hasn't been said, doesn't matter, then I think the stern letter is all the more important.

potsy

Rambler
Failing that, go round with a big d-lock and let 'em 'ave it ! :whistle:

Or even better send the brompton fat boy round with it :biggrin:

Good luck with it Gaz, it's a real shame when an otherwise great bike is let down by faults like these, puts me off buying anything from that company/manufacturer again tbh.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV

The suggested complaint format up thread looks like it was put together by nerdy teenager having a tantrum.

I agree with voiders on this. The best way is to inform them the problems you are having at first and then see how they respond. If they don't respond or respond in a fashion which is clearly unacceptable then you can play the sales of goods act card.

From my experience you get a much better result if you are polite and form there you can build up a good relationship.

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
I agree with voiders on this. The best way is to inform them the problems you are having at first and then see how they respond. If they don't respond or respond in a fashion which is clearly unacceptable then you can play the sales of goods act card.

From my experience you get a much better result if you are polite and form there you can build up a good relationship.

Seconded.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
PX have agreed to pick up the bike today for " inspection " once that's done they will make an offer that could be

Repair

Replace

Refund

So for now I'm going to stop posting here until the results are in but I'd like to thank you guys for your assistance

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
PX have agreed to pick up the bike today for " inspection " once that's done they will make an offer that could be

Repair

Replace

Refund

So for now I'm going to stop posting here until the results are in but I'd like to thank you guys for your assistance

result and good luck

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Repair

Replace

Refund

Good stuff..

Top Bottom