FNRttC Friday Night Ride to Bognor - Friday 15th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

I did it a couple of years ago.
It requires meticulous arrangements in so far as sleep, feeding, ablutions, clean clothing and return trip are concerned.
I had intended on taking the Dun Run at a relaxed pace.
My riding company on that occasion consisted of Sgt. Pluck and Handbag - neither of whom are OTP.
We didn't take the ride at a relaxed pace.
We went for it like wild dogs.
I struggled like a struggling thing with the last 10 miles or so - I had nothing left.
I'm unlikely to do the double again.
That shouldn't discourage any others from trying.

Last edited by a moderator:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I did the double back in 2011. A few hours kip after returning from Brighton (train, of course), then back up to the smoke and the DD in a tailwind-assisted nine hours, before slogging on to Ipswich in a headwind-slowed three. All trains prebooked where possible, and the very nice Ipswich station manager (a Mr Allan Boagey..apt name!) got all the assembled riders onto the next service. Those days are gone, it seems....I didn't enjoy the DD half as much on my second one two years later, and TBH I don't know if I'd bother with it again, purely for the bother with the trains.

hatler

Guru
Oooo. A reasonable possibility for this one. I'll check with the domestic team and see if mini-h is up for the whole run. He breaks up that day.
Sadly, I don't seem to be able to tempt mini-h into doing this one. On the other hand, I am up for it so I'll do the form thing.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
If anyone's interested in coming along, I'll be doing a recce for this ride the week before, but leaving HPC at 1 am ( ie very early) on Saturday morning 9th July.

Also, for the ride itself, only the first 6½ miles and a couple of miles near Faygate share the same route as Shoreham & Brighton. So no Reigate Hill (again).

rb58

Enigma
If anyone's interested in coming along, I'll be doing a recce for this ride the week before, but leaving HPC at 1 am ( ie very early) on Saturday morning 9th July.

Also, for the ride itself, only the first 6½ miles and a couple of miles near Faygate share the same route as Shoreham & Brighton. So no Reigate Hill (again).
I'd love to have come along but it's the CTC TriVet the next day (my third).

StuartG

slower but further
Miles over. In fact, I'm so far over I can barely remember what it was like being 50!
Some of us can't remember being 60. Or indeed what I came upstairs for ...
How come they let young fit kids on these rides? Bit unfair to the more mature gentlefolk methinks!

Top Bottom