FNRttC Friday Night Ride to Bognor - Friday 15th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Does anyone know if the new Temporary Southern Train timetable is going to effect the trains home.

The new temporary timetable is for Monday to Friday. I've been in Bognor quite a few weekends recently. Southern had been cancelling quite a few trains heading into Bognor, and last month had a bus chartered to cover Barnham to Bognor for large portions of the weekend. However they seem to have got more services running ok now, as the bus has stopped. There are however still issues with some trains as there are occasional random cancellations of the Bognor direct to London trains, meaning you have to change at Barnham and then pick up another train.

rb58

Enigma
I'll probably ride to Littlehampton and get the train from there. That's worked well in the past.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Barnham's six miles from the Lobster Pot, so's Littlehampton. Train prices & journey times are the same (if they're running.....).

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Littlehampton has the slight advantage that it is the terminus, so a person can find the cycle space, stow their bike etc on relative comfort. The disadvantage is only two trains per hour versus four from Farnham, and a slightly slower journey.
Indeed so. Ticket price is exactly the same (at least with a Network Railcard), there's only a few minutes in journey time. If the sickie problem is an issue on Saturday morning, those returning to the smoke will have a few options.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Time for a list........

Adam B
Andrew F
Angus L
Anne M
Charlie B
David F
David P
David S
Gordon P
Greg T
Howard K
Ian A
James R
Jenny M
John B
John Ma
John Mo
Julie G
Kristjan K
Liz C
Mark S
Martin W
Mary L
Nick L
Nick S
Nigel Cro
Rebecca O
Rob H
Rosemary S
Ross C
Sal D
Sally-Anne D
Sonia W
Stuart A
Timothy O
Titus H
Tom M

We did have even more Johns, but then I noticed a duplication.

Last edited:

Tim Hall

Time to de-register.
Sorry @Flying Dodo , I have to pull out of this one.
Phew. Off the hook ride back home-wise.

(Damn, sorry you can't make it)

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Strange art installation at Hyde Park Corner.....

DSC_0340.JPG

TimO

Guru
Is that less faff than finding my wallet?
About the same faff as finding your wallet, if you know your card is in your wallet (which you implied that you didn't).

It's a lot less faff than hunting through the entire house, and then your wallet.

StuartG

slower but further
You are not alone. I have the same problem.

Be good if our back room girls and boys could add the number to our records on registration to relieve wallet/sofa scrambling across the nation across the year. Then, provided you have ticked the 'ridden before' box it should silently and transparently slide onto the ride list. That's if it is driven from some sort of database ...

Top Bottom