FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 18th March to Southend-on-Sea 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frank9755

Cyclist
Frank - your mates book is a bit photo-albumy. I'd be looking for something a bit more allusive. Vague, even....

Agree - hers is a tad dense and narrative-heavy. But some of the pictures on your blogspot page, such as DeckerTim's Dutch Master beneath Devils Dyke, or some of the misty dawns, would look fabulous blown up in a book.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
All I wanted was something to tell me the date. Something to hang on the wall, simple, elegant even. Maybe with some nice pix of bikes and countryside. Suddenly we have been dragged into allusive or even worse, Vague. What have I got myself into?

help
sorry, mate. In-joke. Vague is a magazine. Sort of.
http://www.cyclechat...am/page__st__60
http://picasaweb.goo...076537882978434

I do think we've got enough for a coffee table book. The first thing to do, of course, is to get Tim to sign away all his rights........

Sugoi

I have used Blurb before to make a book, and it was excellent service.

A calendar sounds brill. I can't remember the last time I had one, but would definitely get a FNRttC calendar

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I have used Blurb before to make a book, and it was excellent service.
that's good news. Did you use something like Powerpoint to assemble the pages?

The thing is - to make it halfway worthwhile it's got to be tied to the Martlets. Half the mailing list is Martlets riders. By next Xmas it'll be way more than half.

Powerpoint? :blink::wacko::unsure::ph34r::B)xx(... count me out then.

WTF is a nice publishing house actually. No need for titles.

(See how the 'seeds' are sprouting nicely in this warm weather we are having? ;) )

Also there's Moo for a tasteful set of postcards or stickerbooks - http://uk.moo.com/products/

and we've used photobox for a bunch of stuff like books of photos for grandparents - big poster prints of stuff etc etc. That's all pretty automated and no need for powerpoint/photoshop (hate the former, love the latter)

Yes - sorry, it represents the most boring of boringville at my daytime CycleChat correspondence perch AKA bob 'work'.

Claudine would make a good editor of 'Road Works*' "the upcoming publication for wannabe ordinary people." The back cover could be covered in little red LEDs, blinking away every time the book was picked up. :whistle:

* Don't panic - someone will be along in a minute to shout "Bollards" for a title :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
BOLLARDS!

Sugoi

that's good news. Did you use something like Powerpoint to assemble the pages?

The thing is - to make it halfway worthwhile it's got to be tied to the Martlets. Half the mailing list is Martlets riders. By next Xmas it'll be way more than half.

You download a piece of software, or do it through their website's tool.

Sugoi

Sheerness

5543859828_2cdb131498_z.jpg

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Lovely Sheerness photo that, am liking the vignetting there - lightroom or fancy iphone app?

And there was me thinking it was optical, wide angle fully open. Wasn't it a canon camera anyway?

-Edit: Which is not to say it isn't a fantastic shot. Sorry. Pressed post in haste. My bets are pushed contrast reveals vignette in lens.

Top Bottom