FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 18th March to Southend-on-Sea 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And as for the blog....:blush:

Well, it looks like I've rescued Southend! So - job done!
Absolutely! Titus even said this has become his favourite, above Whitstable. Shocking, but I had to agree it had something Whistable-esque.

Teef: did you spot some of the Teef-esque photo captions? It catching.

frank9755

Cyclist
Absolutely! Titus even said this has become his favourite, above Whitstable. Shocking, but I had to agree it had something Whistable-esque.

Agreed. It really is a pleasant route, and there are some more sections of lane which we weren't able to do the other night which make it even better (including the ford). We used bits of it when we went to Maldon and back on a day ride in January. Essex is a much underrated county!

frank9755

Cyclist
Maldon! I want to got to Maldon!

Here is all you could want to know about riding to Maldon!
I expect we will be going again at some point
smile.gif

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Susie and I go to Maldon quite a bit - using the route we would have used last night.

The trick is to avoid the big caff on the left hand side and go for the smaller 'Continental Cafe' on the right hand side of the High Street

Teef: did you spot some of the Teef-esque photo captions? It catching.

Now why stoop so low, when the world is your oyster?
Don't tell me, you ate the oyster! :smile:

Only joking Els - I know you get a real buzz from all this. :tongue:

Whilst I'm here, regrettably, Frank's witty riposte suffered a severe mechanical five pages back, and he has been reduced to catching the train of thought back to town. He apologises to all concerned and would like to buy everyone a beer at Bognor -St Georges Day I believe, according to my friend Sydney of that parish, who I have just received a message from to that effect... but I'll discuss "suitable attire" on that thread. :smile:

frank9755

Cyclist
Whilst I'm here, regrettably, Frank's witty riposte suffered a severe mechanical five pages back, and he has been reduced to catching the train of thought back to town. He apologises to all concerned and would like to buy everyone a beer at Bognor -St Georges Day I believe, according to my friend Sydney of that parish, who I have just received a message from to that effect... but I'll discuss "suitable attire" on that thread. :smile:

That is only too true, 'Teef - I really would like to buy everyone a beer (or even two!) on that date.
The complication is that I've foolishly booked myself on a 400km audax which clashes. Hotels booked (non-refundable) as well.
But there are other 400kms. Maybe I could squeeze another one in and bunk off to Bognor...? I will have to reflect on this one at some length.

Come now Frank, I just didn't want you to be in a quandry, that's all. We all know that you are an elite member of the recovery drink snatch squad and your prescence will be missed - unless of course you decide that a grimy Audax is not for you... the bedbugs in the garret of the 'hotel' room is not for you, (the one that has its only window facing the courtyard, with the swill bins down below, and the deep fryer exhaust vent permanently 'ON'... it might not be for you) and that the real Frank would rather be highlighted by the early light at Arundel, and bask on the terrace 'recovering' Lushketeer style, at modest Felpham.
:smile:

Top Bottom