FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 28th May - Whitstable 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paddy01

Arrgh, from what I see from the website I'd love to do one of these, alas living in Devon there's the associated logistics of a 3hr train journey each way encompasing the vagries of train travel with a non-folding bike (and the small matter of £50 in fares). Bother.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
@ Simon: Not sure if there´s another Olaf around, but I´m Olaf S. :biggrin:

The other, much slower rider on a recumbent.

paddy01 said:
Arrgh, from what I see from the website I'd love to do one of these, alas living in Devon there's the associated logistics of a 3hr train journey each way encompasing the vagries of train travel with a non-folding bike (and the small matter of £50 in fares). Bother.

What you could do is pick a night ride nearer to home!

On 26th June, there's the Exmouth Exodus, which starts at Bristol and ends in Exmouth. More details here.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
theclaud said:
Yes but I don't think they throw in a Sherpa and a bucket of ice for that...

Christ don't start banging on about food and wine like we're civilised and this would be a civilised event. Set low expectations, if it doesn't instantly blind you, or kill you, then it's drinkable or edible. Though chances of dodgy kebabs diminish with the absence of Davy.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
MacB said:
Christ don't start banging on about food and wine like we're civilised and this would be a civilised event. Set low expectations, if it doesn't instantly blind you, or kill you, then it's drinkable or edible. Though chances of dodgy kebabs diminish with the absence of Davy.

:smile: I like your style, MacB. This robustly Withnailesque sentiment shall be the new Lushketeer motto.

redfalo

AdrianC said:
Is that the recumbent that folds in half, once the sofa is removed, to go on the train?

absolutely!
3685870028_ac89b3986b.jpg
3685048021_7d6e15b7a4.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
aha.. and Mrs Olaf's glorious cake.... yummy yum yum...

redfalo said:
@ Simon: Not sure if there´s another Olaf around, but I´m Olaf S. :smile:

The other, much slower rider on a recumbent.

redfalo

ianrauk said:
aha.. and Mrs Olaf's glorious cake.... yummy yum yum...

Just showed her this post. She instantaneously promised to bake another one for Whitstable :smile: (I´m also trying to convince her of taking part in the ride, but she just doesn´t listen...)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I was heartbroken when you took the last piece of the cake from right under my nose at J31, however heartbreak was replaced with joy when you produced a whole new cake and placed it right in front of me..:blush:

Bless Mrs Olaf,

redfalo said:
Just showed her this post. She instantaneously promised to bake another one for Whitstable :biggrin: (I´m also trying to convince her of taking part in the ride, but she just doesn´t listen...)

paddy01

Flying Dodo said:
What you could do is pick a night ride nearer to home!

On 26th June, there's the Exmouth Exodus, which starts at Bristol and ends in Exmouth. More details here.

As I live in Exmouth that is indeed handy :blush:.. I'm aware of it but doing a ride for the Force charity on the 27th so it's not happening for me this year.

Anyway, enough diversion from me, as you were :biggrin:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Barry J
Stephen B
Jules H
Miguel N
Cathy W
Philippa G
Rachael W
Greg C
Priscilla M
Lesley P
User10571 B
David R
Adam B
Stu A
Susie F (who did the ride last week....:blush:)
Martin F
Clive P
Matthew L
Ross C
Chris B
Olaf S
John E
Luke C
Stuart G
Ian A
Andrij B (maybe)
Claudine C (sent from her smart G4 enabled 3D I-phone with built in GPS and shoe polishing kit)
Adrian C
Daniel P
Matthew S
Alastair McD
Rich P
Kim W
Nadia B
Cathy W
Rachael W
Andrew B
Clive B
Jane D
Andy M
Frank P

sorry, Clive, Kim and Olaf - rule 37, do not trust memory after imbibing lots......I hadn't clocked the fold, Olaf. That's sweet.

clivedb

Guru
Hi Simon

I think you missed my earlier post as I haven't appeared on the list yet - and I would like another Whitstable ride! Perhaps it's because there's already Clive P on the list...
Clive

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
andyman said:
Count me in please Simon:smile:
even when sober I cannot possibly be expected to tell one Andy from the next! There's too damn many! And that's without the Andrews, Andrijs and Adrzejs. Which Andy amongst a constellation of Andys are you?

andyman

Occasional tandemista
dellzeqq said:
even when sober I cannot possibly be expected to tell one Andy from the next! There's too damn many! And that's without the Andrews, Andrijs and Adrzejs. Which Andy amongst a constellation of Andys are you?

Andy M :biggrin:

Top Bottom