FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 28th May - Whitstable 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can't make it unfortunately as I am hosting a big birthday and wedding anniversary celebration the next day. However I will definitely be up for the 27th Aug, which is the next one I will be available for.
TimD

theclaud

Openly Marxist
dellzeqq said:
ah-ha - the fontpolizei are at the door!

Next stop Eras!

Ve neffer sleep, dellzeqq! But no reproach was intended - make merry with the Eras, for tomorrow Verdana's bland empire will doubtless reassert itself. But just in case anyone thinks it's a free-for-all, please remember that the penalties associated with Comic Sans remain in force...

theclaud

Openly Marxist
GregCollins said:
what is wrong with Comic Sans? :blush:

Nothing like providing the answer to your own question :tongue:. I'm afraid there's just no context in which it will wash. Verdana is sensible at this size and indefensible above, but I have a soft spot for it at 8pt on screen. And despite Dellzeqq's cavalier threats, I'm certain he knows that Haettenschweiler is the Magnolia grandiflora of fonts - some of us think it rather magnificent in the right setting - and wouldn't actually have the stomach to deploy it in the body of a chat forum post...

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Ugh. I've just remembered that quotes get italicized! ^Look at it! The horror!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
rich p said:
Wingding anyone? It'd make more sense of some posts.:tongue:

Behave. But your post just inspired me to wonder whether there was ever anything to be said for all those dingbat fonts, and I found a great conspiracy theory on Wiki :blush::

In 1992, only days after the release of Windows 3.1, it was discovered that the character sequence "NYC" in Wingdings was rendered as a skull and crossbones symbol, Star of David, and thumbs up gesture. This could be interpreted as a message of approval of killing Jews, especially those from New York City. Microsoft strongly denied this was intentional, and insisted that the final arrangement of the glyphs in the font was largely random. (The character sequence "NYC" in the later-released Webdings font, in turn, is rendered as eye, heart, and city skyline, which could be interpreted as "I Love New York". Microsoft has stated that this is intentional.)[2]

theclaud

Openly Marxist
MacB said:
So, did you have shiny bike out to play last week or is it to debut for Whitstable?

It came out, on The Cat's advice, for Southend. It started off shiny, and became less so as the night wore on...

Top Bottom