FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Brighton April 26th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hatler

Guru
Its convinced me . will send Dell the email in a bit
Huzzah ! Good call. You'll not regret it.

My first full FNRttC was a Brighton ride, probably 2008. It was wonderful, except that the b*gger with the coffee never showed up in Ditchling.

subaqua

What’s the point
email sent. I knew i shouldn't have got all dithery but I don't like feeling like i am holding people back.

it also gives me an excuse to fettle the road bike as thats gotta be easier to ride than the tourer. dunno .

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I'm considering breaking my duck on this ride too. The speed and distance doesnt bother me, my main worry is the sleep deprivation.

How do people cope with working all day Friday, riding a bike to Brighton and staying awake until mid day on Saturday? I worry I'll fall asleep on the bike.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm considering breaking my duck on this ride too. The speed and distance doesnt bother me, my main worry is the sleep deprivation.

How do people cope with working all day Friday, riding a bike to Brighton and staying awake until mid day on Saturday? I worry I'll fall asleep on the bike.

Be good to have you join us Beebo.

The ride, the cameraderie, the chatter, all keeps one awake.

I am in the lucky position of not working on a friday so I can get a couple of hours kip in the evening before heading out.

Plus I ride back home..... so have to stay awake.....:thumbsup:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I work a late shift- finishing 9.30 or hopefully a bit later- so usually get the train up straight after work. I have tried having an afternoon nap when I've had time off, but it didn't make much difference. Adrenalin & cake will keep you going :smile:

Lee_M

Guru
so what do you all do for trains back - do you have to book a space for your bike in advance? (Never taken a bike on a train before)

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Southern don't do bike reservations on their services. The Londonpeeps have never had a problem getting on. Nor have I, when I've gone for the westbound ones.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
so what do you all do for trains back - do you have to book a space for your bike in advance? (Never taken a bike on a train before)

No need for trains back from Brighton.
Always plenty of space.

You could of course join the SMRbtH...:thumbsup:

Lee_M

Guru
No need for trains back from Brighton.
Always plenty of space.

thx

You could of course join the SMRbtH...:thumbsup:

is that S for Saturday or Sunday?
longest ride to date 117km, not sure if turning round and going back would be sensible or even possible,

if its Sunday and involves a day in Brighton I could remove my testicles to save weight and save my wife the bother when I tell her :ninja:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
thx

is that S for Saturday or Sunday?
longest ride to date 117km, not sure if turning round and going back would be sensible or even possible,

if its Sunday and involves a day in Brighton I could remove my testicles to save weight and save my wife the bother when I tell her :ninja:

Saturday.
SMRbtH = Saturday Morning Ride Back To Home.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I guess different people react differently, but I don't feel at all sleepy on the rides (physically tired, maybe, sleepy, no) or even on my little morning homeward rides (I don't ride all the way home) BUT as soon as I stop cycling then tiredness hits me. On the train back I have been known to choose to stand up, because I just know that if I sit down, then the chances of me being awake and getting off at the right stop are slim to zero.

Top Bottom