FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Brighton April 26th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
hmm that might hurt, is it slow or is it Cav wannabees ? (I want to be a Cav wannabee but I'm too old and fat to be one)

It's as fast as we can go to be honest. Usually known as 'team fast' as it's usually only one stop for a top up of what ever.

There is however usually a 'team slow' on the go too.

Lee_M

Guru
thx, think I'll give the team fast a miss then, as I know I'd fail

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
It's as fast as we can go to be honest. Usually known as 'team fast' as it's usually only one stop for a top up of what ever.

There is however usually a 'team slow' on the go too.

Of which, I am team slow, as I like to take in my surroundings and enjoy the ride home, rather than keeping a Swmbo happy...

hatler

Guru
I'm considering breaking my duck on this ride too. The speed and distance doesnt bother me, my main worry is the sleep deprivation.

How do people cope with working all day Friday, riding a bike to Brighton and staying awake until mid day on Saturday? I worry I'll fall asleep on the bike.
I find simply lying down for a couple of hours on the Friday evening works wonders. I don't actually sleep but it means that I never have a problem on the ride. The one time I struggled was after an event at the school where I was working the bar and didn't get a lie down. The ride was cold, wet, windy and delayed by more than the usual number of mechanicals. Sheltering (not very effectively) under petrol station canopies my knee caps engaged in an asynchronous dance of their own devising. By the time we got to Haywards Heath it was clear we won't going to make it to Brighton in time to get my target train home for Saturday domestic duties so I bailed out.

The ticket man at HH smilingly questioned why I needed a ticket to London given that I had a bike with me. On being told that I had just cycled from there his manner became significantly more respectful.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Swmbo busy on Saturday afternoons with a personal trainer is she? :biggrin:

Yeah blud....he's 3 years old :laugh:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
The ticket man at HH smilingly questioned why I needed a ticket to London given that I had a bike with me. On being told that I had just cycled from there his manner became significantly more respectful.
I should dammed well hope so, too. Did he salute, tug forelock and bend knee?

Top Bottom