FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Brighton August 23rd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Adrian C
Alice C
Amanda O
Andrew Bt
Andrew By
Andrew C
Andrew F
Andy C
Angus F
Angus L
Anne H
Anne M
Bill R
Charlie B
Charlie M
Chris By
Chris F
Clive Bt
David P
Ejaz R
Elizabeth C
Fred S
Gary B
Geoff S
Grigor McL
Guy W
Howard K
Ian F
Ian H
Ian S
Jenny M
Jerome C
Joanna C
Jocelyn C S
John M
John O'L
Jonathan K
Kam S
Katka K
Kirk T
Lee T (Ms)
Lucy J
Luke C
Marcus C
Mark St
Martin W
Mary L
Matthew W
Nick L
Nigel Cro
Nigel T
Paul D
Paul E
Peter Wo
Philip P
Richard L
Rob H
Rob P
Robbie F
Simon C
Stan E
Stephen B
Stephen T
Steve D
Steve J
Stuart A
Susie F
Thom F
Tony P
Григо́рий
Павел З

hatler

Guru
I'll be heading my way back to Streat after the run to meet the family who will be heading down from London at about lunchtime. This means that I might have time for a pint of the brown stuff. Any objections if I join Team Beer ?

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Quick question about rear lights...

I usually ride alone, so I have good rear lights to make me stand out (Exposure flare under the saddle (on flash), and the Redeye (on constant) helmet mounted to a Diablo)

A great combo for a lone rider, but I imagine it would get tiresome for people riding in a group. I have some cateye ld 600 that aren't so bright, and seeing as there will be a lot of bikes on the road would there be a better option?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

I usually ride alone, so I have good rear lights to make me stand out (Exposure flare under the saddle (on flash), and the Redeye (on constant) helmet mounted to a Diablo)

A great combo for a lone rider, but I imagine it would get tiresome for people riding in a group. I have some cateye ld 600 that aren't so bright, and seeing as there will be a lot of bikes on the road would there be a better option?

Just as long as retina burning rear lights are aimed groundwards as to not blind people, then it doesn't really matter.
You don't really need a helmet mounted light.

Moda

Interesting I've only come back to riding in the last week after a 3 year 'rest' .

Was wondering about this as I use an Exposure Blaze on the back and a handle bar mounted Diablo MK5 on the front. I admit I want something anti-social (if that's the correct word) so as to be seen NOT something that's dangerous I.e will dazzle another road user.

How do you point a Blaze down? As its angled up!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty

put a sandwich bag around the light. Simples

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Just as long as retina burning rear lights are aimed groundwards as to not blind people, then it doesn't really matter.

This. I was on one night ride last year on a very dark section, tootling quietly along when suddenly I went completely blind, it was most unnerving. I'd come to within X metres of the wheel of someone who had a very powerful rear light mounted on a saddlebag, which was aimed upward. At the critical distance it was absolutely blinding. At other distances quite OK. I soon learned to back off, but it took a few seconds to get my vision back OK

Please add me to the list Simon.

I'm just back from a tour around Iceland so I should be fit enough for the ride.

e-mail with membership info sent.

Top Bottom