FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Brighton August 23rd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Jones

Oh, this weather is causing some clothing headaches. There appears to be the chance of some very heavy thunder storms.
Do I take my bulky waterproof, night vision evo, which will be too hot or do I take my pacamac jobbie which isnt up to much more than a light shower, but fits easily into a pocket?
I will defo have mudguards, but I may be forced to break another fnrttc rule and bring my pannier!!
Travel light is surely the rule. It's pretty well impossible to stay dry given the forecast, but the biggest problem is not being wet - it's being wet and cold. Given the forecast temperature, then the latter shouldn't be a problem. Personally I'm expecting to get rather wet, but I'll stick to a lightweight top - far too warm to wear anything heavyweight, and it's more to drag up the hills.

I rather think it will be a busy night for the TECs.

Kies

Proper waterproof jacket for the showers and then back into the rucksack as the temperature is in the teens. Rear MTB clip on mudguard on the road bike and SPD pedals.
My best bike looks like something Frankenstein created, but function over form considering the weather uncertainty

I'll be wearing nothing but a thick layer of goose fat.
Better than wearing a thick layer of fat and getting...well, anyway. Just popped in to say have a good ride and there's all this wussing about weather and peturbation about punctures. Clear your heads of silly thoughts and have a lovely ride. Rain is only water and punctures are only air. You'll be on Earth, and fire will be in your bellies (and under the grill at Madeira.) Buy lots of food from the original 'Greg's' and have fun. Take lots of photos and show the forum some fun! :smile: (I'll be asleep soon, and waking just as you are all congregating by the butcher's shop...Glyn Thomas & Sons mmmoooooooo!)

wanda2010

Guru
Bits of wot 'e sed :-)

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The night of the many punctures.
We got off to a bad start when DZ punctured inside 3 miles and it went down hill from there.

Top Bottom