FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Felpham 31st August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
1mm in three hours isn't rain, that's moist air.
After the last day of LonJog, mere English rain holds no fears for me. Not to mention that ride into Brighton through sheets of water. I laugh at danger and drop ice cubes down the vest of fear. But Dellzeqq says bring a waterproof so bring a waterproof I shall do.

martint235

Dog on a bike
1mm in three hours isn't rain, that's moist air.
Really sorry I'm missing this ride but I have a horrible feeling that the post ride reports will be full of stories of biblical downpours :rain:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Hi Rich - I'm on the 9.50 train from Lewes tonight. That's the route I was looking at yesterday, and I too will have it on a delightfully low-tech piece of paper. The main complication is that between Rustington and Ferring there is no route alongside the sea, so we have to go inland on various little suburban and larger main roads with cycle path alongside. Most of it I have done before, so as long as my memory banks don't crash (not unheard of) I think we'll be fine. Great that you've decided to come back to the FNR experience!
I'm on the 10.19 from Brighton so we'll meet at HPC instead!
The route I looked at only requires a couple of hundred yards on the A259 between the Old Worthing Rd roundabout near East preston and Langbury Lane at Ferring. We'll be fine!

Have a good ride everyone. I did send an email to come on this ride but i can't see my name on the list and no email updates on the phone or tablet. i've had no internet at home for a few weeks. Anyway i've been given a ticket for the Burghley 3 day event so i'm heading north. Have fun all and stay dry..

P S. Ian i think you should catch the train home :-))

thom

____
Simon, just texted you - I think it better to be out of this one - distinct lack of sleep last night leaves me feeling a bit groggy now.
I hope everyone has a good ride, very sorry about the late notice,
Thom.

Andrij

Über Member
I'm another one to strike off the list.

The bug I've been fighting since last weekend has gained the upper hand. At the moment, I'd struggle to make it to HPC. :sad:

U

User10571

I shouldn't worry unduly.
According to XC and Weatherspark the risk of precipitation has subsided.
Your m*dg***ds may remain un-deployed.

Andrij

Über Member
No mid-ride updates? No breakfast reports?

Did something happen to all the riders, or have I woken up in a parallel universe in which there was no ride to Felpham last night?

Top Bottom