FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Felpham near Bognor 22nd April 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Are there beers at the end of this one too? :-)

Only if you bring cake and Sloe Gin

U

User10571

The train service from Bognor (1.5 miles from our destination) is not what it was last year - there are no direct trains on Saturday morning. You have to change at Barnham. You can go to Littlehampton (6 miles from our destination) for direct trains.

Hmmmm.... depends where you look.
National Rail do not show all of the Southern services running from Bognor on a Saturday morning.
It's not the first time errors have occurred on their website.
They regularly get it wrong on details of the journey from Whitstable to London.

Southern, on the other hand, are showing direct trains to London on a Saturday on their website.
Book online, as I did earlier today, and some departures can be had for as little as £3.70

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Are there beers at the end of this one too? :-)
Absolutely not. Your honour and your reputation are safe with us. There will be no beer drinking of any kind whatsoever. Why, can you imagine what my dear lady wife would say if she found herself with beer drinkers?

(Quite a bit, probably)

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Hmmmm.... depends where you look.
National Rail do not show all of the Southern services running from Bognor on a Saturday morning.
It's not the first time errors have occurred on their website.
They regularly get it wrong on details of the journey from Whitstable to London.

Southern, on the other hand, are showing direct trains to London on a Saturday on their website.
Book online, as I did earlier today, and some departures can be had for as little as £3.70
I stand corrected. I'll sort out a thingummy something on the lines of this

bognortrains.png

iLB

Hello there
Can I go on the list, with a question mark? Depending on whether I can find a lift to Oxford for the BUCS '10' which is on the Saturday, which seems unlikely at this point- but not impossible... I promise not to mention RS80's :thumbsup:

I have BC membership but not CTC :hello:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Can I go on the list, with a question mark? Depending on whether I can find a lift to Oxford for the BUCS '10' which is on the Saturday, which seems unlikely at this point- but not impossible... I promise not to mention RS80's :thumbsup:

I have BC membership but not CTC :hello:
you're out of time on the five non-CTC places, unless somebody cancels I'm afraid. Send me an e-mail and I'll go through it with you.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Hello I have a quick question - I would like to do this (especially as it would be good training for my charity ride in early May) but friends would rather do the 'proper' Brighton FNRTTC. Is this nicer/easier/more interesting? Basically is there any ammunition you can give me to convince them to do this over Brighton? Or are they right?

If I were only going to do one FNRttC, it would be Bognor. The off-road bit is fun and Arundel is gorgeous. It's even got its own fairy tale castle! Definitely Bognor...

Wobblers

Euthermic
What's this off road business??? I assume 23s will be able to cope with this? :ohmy:

I coped fine with 23s last year. There was just one part where I walked, a very bumpy path where I had visions of managing to pitch myself into the nettles at the side. I'm sure you'll be fine...

Absolutely not. Your honour and your reputation are safe with us. There will be no beer drinking of any kind whatsoever. Why, can you imagine what my dear lady wife would say if she found herself with beer drinkers?

(Quite a bit, probably)

<snigger>

frank9755

Cyclist

From personal experience I have discovered that doing a FNRttC is not great preparation for a time trial in the same weekend!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
If I were only going to do one FNRttC, it would be Bognor. The off-road bit is fun and Arundel is gorgeous. It's even got its own fairy tale castle! Definitely Bognor...
you see, that is the strange thing. I like the Bognor route a lot, but I absolutely adore the Whitstable route, mainly because it has so much history around it. And I consider the Whitstable route to be the tougher ride, but almost everyone who's expressed an opinion rates Bognor as tougher.

Which brings me to my starter for ten. Do we go via Epsom and Dorking or via Sutton and Betchworth?

iLB

Hello there
From personal experience I have discovered that doing a FNRttC is not great preparation for a time trial in the same weekend!

It's a case of one or the other I think, although the start time is 15:00 so I did briefly entertain the thought of riding to Oxford to compete :rofl: not happening!

Top Bottom